• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kills Corona Virus

There's been a couple people posting here I agree with
that I almost never agree with

be aware of your surrounding
don't go to public gathering places as much if you're really scared
like any public transit, buses/cabs,
schools especially if you &/or your kid is showing signs of any sickness,
hospitals, clinics, grocery stores are all hotbeds for it too,
common surfaces that the general public touch constantly, airports,
senior centers/assisted living areas/old folks homes,
where there are already lots of sickly people in a weakened state,
(like In the Wa. cases/event) even sporting events,
if this spreads much more than it already has now etc.
do go if not needed

the rate is 1 x 4 x 16 x 64 etc. it grows like 4 times every contact

if you show any signs, It's mainly a respiratory chest cold
please 1st call a clinic/hospital/Dr. etc.
& ask what you should do 1st
before going out in public or the emergency room & infecting the masses
be smart

precautions;
stay 6 ft+ away at all times
if people are coughing, runny nose or rubbing their eyes a bunch
avoid contact, stay away
try not to touch your mouth eyes or nose much
don't shake hands high 5's or touch much at all in general public

a mask doesn't stop the virus/you getting it
it helps if you have it, to not spread it

& wash your hands frequently,
especially when in contact with the general public
try not to touch your face nose or eyes much when in the areas listed above

supposedly;
the elderly, already weak & the young, especially with a weaker immune system already
are far most susceptible to get it
direct contact with it, in immediate proximity of an infected person
with out wearing proper protection, like the staff treating this stuff/viruses

"they" brought a bunch of the cases (some 40+ off a cruise ship from Japan IIRC)
brought into Calif. to Travis AFB to quarantine them

there was 1 case from Solano Co. they don't know how she contracted it
or who she effected/infected

allegedly this is closer to SARS (also from Asia) than the actual common Flu virus

I'm amazed it hasn't ran thru the homeless population,
when it does it will go ballistic too
time to clean up the streets & the homeless issues
once & for all in all of the Inner-Shitty's, it's not just SF or LA

be smart people, stay safe, stay healthy,
good prevention practices & awareness helps

disclaimer;
I got this information, directly from 2 Dr.'s in my family

Last edited:
I have had serious flu a few times in the past 20 years...never had a flu shot.

One time I had it about 20 years ago, was caught by having a cup of coffee at my friend's tyre shop. Those guys are always getting sick - early starts, crawling around under filthy trucks. The cup was only washed in the sink, and bammo.....next day I was so sick....I thought I was going to die. Coughing up big lurgies and wads of green phlegm. Nasty stuff that lasted for over a week. I never accepted another coffee there again. They all laughed every time I was offered one. :rolleyes:

Most recent was 2 years ago....laid up for 3 days in bed. Didn't eat for over two days....real sick. No energy, and no will to move for the first day.

Went to the movies yesterday,( Parasite :eek:) wife and I were the only two in there. Now granted it was a 4:00 showing and the film has been up for a while, but it seemed a little strange. Don't know if it has anything to do with the bug, but it does seem to have people rattled. This morning went to breakfast and food came really fast. I commented on that and the waitress said it's been slow today and yesterday.

A couple of items to consider:
  • The Spanish flu from 1918 surprised doctors in that it actually attacked many healthy young adults rather than children and old people. This was odd and unexpected. (I don't think the corona virus is doing this.) The point is, these viruses do not always prey on the sick, weak and young.
  • 50 million people died from the Spanish flu - that's a lot of people, and today it would spread faster due to travel and there are a lot more people.
  • The World Heath Organization (WHO), a highly respected international health organization, today announced that the death rate from the corona virus appears to be about 3.4%. The Spanish flu death rate was, at most, around 2.5%.
Bottom line here is, in my humble opinion, this is a serious situation.

Wash you hands regularly and take reasonable precautions. This could get ugly (although I hope like hell I'm wrong).

Hawk

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1583478759782.jpg

Million a year get the regular flu in the US.
Lots die every year.

Where is this in the news??

Went to the movies yesterday,( Parasite :eek:) wife and I were the only two in there. Now granted it was a 4:00 showing and the film has been up for a while, but it seemed a little strange. Don't know if it has anything to do with the bug, but it does seem to have people rattled. This morning went to breakfast and food came really fast. I commented on that and the waitress said it's been slow today and yesterday.

Recession, here we come!!

the whole idea of the 2% was the virus being contained and only slowly spreading thruout the world.
according to the real doctors,the death percentage rate is much closer to 4% of the worlds population.....

now,it looks to me like the govt wants us not to panic,and is keeping a lid on the details.
keep in mind theres more cases than have been " officially " reported.
some of the other countries are showing how bad it Really is for them.
the usa is not......

what can happen is this,they can and will shut down various major cities and so forth,in an attempt to slow the virus down,because there simply is Not enough oxygen breathers for all the infected patients,and the more that get infected at the Same time,the more that are at risk of actually dying.
this could add even more to the 4% figure.

this is where Our economy and way of living could be affected drastically.
the amount of effort they use to slow the virus.
if they shut down the country,or parts of it,it will affect everyone.
there has already been companies going under since this started.

how long can You go with no income and no electricity/food/supplies?
the incubation period alone is a month......
even if this swept thruout the country,it could still take all the way till next winter to clear it out.

the finale~
this is just round one of this virus...it Will mutate and return for years after this....
the supposed cure itself will take a Year to mass produce.....!!
stay Safe out there America....

I don't know if I'm comfortable with the lid being kept on by the govt.. Right now a lot of people are blowing this off ( check here) and I'm not sure that's a good idea .. Many other countries are very open about numbers so people can get their **** together and take precautions if it's that bad. I'm still not sure if we should hit the bunkers:eek:, but I'm not laughing at this thing either, not when your 70 and many friends and family are.

Last edited:
Getting a flu shot is a waste of time and money.
It won't prevent this.

Got this emailed to me today.........

This came from a health professional in California and I thought the tips suggested and prognosis on a Vaccine were worth sharing.

The first Alameda County case was identified today.

Below is the most detailed description of the coronavirus I’ve read. James Robb, MD UC San Diego, is a virologist who’s worked with this virus for almost 50 years. COVID-19 has an affinity for pulmonary receptors that is extraordinary. Robb predicts the next two weeks will be significant. Newest info at end of his e-mail to his U of California staff & colleagues.

Feel free to copy and send to family & friends.

Subject: What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic

Dear Colleagues, as some of you may recall, when I was a professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego, I was one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on coronaviruses (the 1970s). I was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since then, I have kept up with the coronavirus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population (e.g., SARS, MERS), from different animal sources.

The current projections for its expansion in the US are only probable, due to continued insufficient worldwide data, but it is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April.

Here is what I have done and the precautions that I take and will take. These are the same precautions I currently use during our influenza seasons, except for the mask and gloves.:

1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.

2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.

3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.

4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.

5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.

6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.

7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!

What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:

1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.

Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.

2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.

3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.

4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.

I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.

I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us! Jim

James Robb, MD

Friggan guy I work with comes into work, sick (just a cold hopefully) Went to get his daughter, who was studying there. He's coughing and hacking. I'm like,, the F are you doing here? Ignorant F. Wanted to throat punch him. Of course now, he's been, "self quarantined." 10 days off,,paid. Makes sense,,

I had to take my IPOD in to the Apple store two days ago because it was locked and had time to think while waiting in line. I told them my IPOD had a virus and because it was made in Asia I wanted them to make sure what kind of virus it was so I didn't get sick and die.

Hourly and self employed will be hit, but even salaried can have pay shut down if covid closes things for a long time. We were told that last week. It doesn't look good. I'm still hoping that what we are being told by our government is true that it isn't as big as we think. But it's already bigger than they said it would be and doesn't look to be getting better. Done by April now seems like a wish in hell.

Got this emailed to me today.........

This came from a health professional in California and I thought the tips suggested and prognosis on a Vaccine were worth sharing.

The first Alameda County case was identified today.

Below is the most detailed description of the coronavirus I’ve read. James Robb, MD UC San Diego, is a virologist who’s worked with this virus for almost 50 years. COVID-19 has an affinity for pulmonary receptors that is extraordinary. Robb predicts the next two weeks will be significant. Newest info at end of his e-mail to his U of California staff & colleagues.

Feel free to copy and send to family & friends.

Subject: What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic

Dear Colleagues, as some of you may recall, when I was a professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego, I was one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on coronaviruses (the 1970s). I was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since then, I have kept up with the coronavirus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population (e.g., SARS, MERS), from different animal sources.

The current projections for its expansion in the US are only probable, due to continued insufficient worldwide data, but it is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April.

Here is what I have done and the precautions that I take and will take. These are the same precautions I currently use during our influenza seasons, except for the mask and gloves.:

1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.

2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.

3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.

4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.

5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.

6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.

7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!

What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:

1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.

Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.

2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.

3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.

4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.

I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.

I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us! Jim

James Robb, MD

I do just about all the things he mentioned and have been for years. I rarely get a cold because of this, I believe. Oh great, now I jinxed myself !!!!

NYC under state of emergency. Five counties with infected people. 70 in Westchester county.

Auto Transport Service
Back