• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KYB out. Bilstein in.

The deal is Bilstein makes the shocks, but they don't actually make a shock for our application.... If you buy the shocks from Firm Feel or Just Suspension you'll see an RCD sticker & part number...

What RCD has done is search the Bilstein catalog & found shocks designed for cars with similar weight to our cars, and similar suspension travel... the mounts are modified to suit our application... And naturally they couldn't get it right.... Just to much to ask..

But at the end of the day Bilstein makes a damn good shock & we can deal with the shortcomings....
Ah, that fills in the blanks. Thanks.

also the discount mention is appreciated.

I'm more of a "Gabriels are $20 each at Rock Auto" sort of a guy. :)
Agreed. Normally hype is hype. But I rebuilt my suspension to stock and installed these. It feels about the same as my 2014 explorer. Handles like a mopar, but bumps are like my explorer. It's awesome.

Agreed. Normally hype is hype. But I rebuilt my suspension to stock and installed these. It feels about the same as my 2014 explorer. Handles like a mopar, but bumps are like my explorer. It's awesome.
I have no reason to doubt the claims of quality some of you all make.
I do have reason to question the exhorbitant pricing some of this stuff costs, though...
Not to mention, some of us don't have that kind of money laying around.

Got mine back in the Hotchkis days. Mopar “tuned. Modern car ride. Amazing. Almost $100 a corner then. Didn’t care.

Got mine back in the Hotchkis days. Mopar “tuned. Modern car ride. Amazing. Almost $100 a corner then. Didn’t care
So, I had not looked in three years since I got my Bilsteins from PST. A set of KYBs are about 290 or so, and a set of Bilsteins are 585. These are both before the FBBO discount. I paid 423 for front and back and I thought that was huge.

So, I had not looked in three years since I got my Bilsteins from PST. A set of KYBs are about 290 or so, and a set of Bilsteins are 585. These are both before the FBBO discount. I paid 423 for front and back and I thought that was huge.
I bought my first set at MATS back around 2009... Show special, a set of four was $380...

Auto Transport Service
Back