• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lakewood Bellhousing Info

Thanks for that tidbit of info, since I have a Hays clutch and billet flywheel that will be installed some day.
I’ll check the difference in height from the crank flange to clutch mounting surface between the stock flywheel and the new Hays piece, and shim the pivot accordingly.

One might a consider a crank shim if it can fit the need...........
Competition Engineering C4052 Competition Engineering Flywheel and Flexplate Shims | Summit Racing

Just an FYI, when I changed to a Hays billet flywheel, I had to add a spacer to fork pivot bracket to make up for thinner flywheel thickness. NOT an easy job installed in car with big tube headers !!! Best to measure and do it at install.........

Gets pretty tight in there even with a three piece LW I would add. With underneath long tubes, installing the fork onto the pivot and release had to be a blast! :D

You ain't kidding ! What a nightmare. Had a couple learning experience's with the blowproof. Also had a situation with register size. Didn't realize when I initially mated trans to bellhousing that register in housing was bigger diameter than my '67 trans. Ended up ruining front bearing in 18 spline trans. Bought proper spacer from Passion, second time around.

Auto Transport Service
Back