• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

Damn near done---wel I was done but the tacks I put on the drivers side cracked so I'm doing the final stuff at my dads, so hopefully pics will post on Sat. night----so close I can taste it!!!! Or is it the fumes getting to me??????

All welded up and on again for mock-up. Still have to do some sanding and filing, but getting there---slowly.

Car Grill 122609 001.jpg

Car Grill 122609 002.jpg

Car Grill 122609 003.jpg

Car Grill 122609 004.jpg

Car Grill 122609 005.jpg

That makes two of us. If it turns out half way decent, I'll be happy.

Started to strip off the anodizing today.Comes off pretty easy with a 3 inch Scotchbrite pad on my angle grinder. Hope to finsh stripping by the end of the work week---but no promises.

Anyone watch Powerblock? That Polara 500 was pretty cool, the scoop was wrong, but cool nonetheless.

power block

yep it was a cool ride what i could see around courtney and her fine body :yes:

Grill is looking good.....

Thanks, still working on getting the anodizing off. I think I'll send it out to get it bright dipped---way too much hand polishing for such a delicate piece.

grill

how much does bright dipping cost ? i have to hammer out my headlight bezels on my 63 they will need a dip too

It's relatively expensive and usually you are charged by the INCH for having it redone

Got a quote today to have it anodized, 60-80 bones, depending on how much smoothing it will take to get it right so when it's anodized it will be perfect. Not that bad of a price, so now I'll see how much to have it chromed.

Almost finished getting the old bright dipp off the grill. Then it will be time to decide if I get it chromed, bright dipped, or anodized---what do you think should be done? Keep in mind this is NOT a resto or even a remotely correct build, so with that in mind, let's have some opinions

Grille is completely stripped, and I worked up to 600 grit wet sanding today. I'll stop wet sanding when I reach 2000 grit, then I'll polish a small area and see how it looks. I'll post pics of what I got so far asap.

Lookin GREAT Dude!
I am soooooo frustrated. I can work on my car for a long time with only minimal cash required now (mostly filler and sand paper for a while) and I don't have the time to get to the shop. If it was in my garage it would be a different story but I can't bring it home yet. It does not look too promising in the near future for time to become available for me either.
At least I am surviving this economy with my business so I will have to take solace in the fact that it will be there for me when the time comes.:sad:

Keep it going Darius, it'll turn around soon, it has too. Thanks for the complement.

Auto Transport Service
Back