• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

Well I decided to polish the grille for a few reasons, some, you may not agree with, but they hold water for me. Money, dont have enough---the better half needs surgery and braces, KIDS, and I like having a roof over my head. Time, have lots of it, anyone need any? My arms aren't getting enough exercise, so, this will help them out. I know it's best to have it bright dipped, but I dont foresee any extra money in the near future, so this is the route I'm taking for now----maybe down the long strecth I'll be able to get it done the right way. Camera batteries dead, AGAIN, so I'll get some this weekend and post some pics of what the grille looks like so far.

And for your viewing pleasure.....

Car Grill 01222010 002.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 003.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 004.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 005.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 006.jpg

and the last few.

Car Grill 01222010 012.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 013.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 014.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 015.jpg

Car Grill 01222010 016.jpg

There are some spots that could be better, but I've done the best of my capabilities. The long piece that the bolts go through on the top still needs some bolck sanding then polishing, but I thought that everyone would like to see what I did up to now. The C ttim around the headlights are the original parts, I had a local guy straighten and polish them for 50 bones a few years ago, (he does mostly Harley stuff, but said he would do these in his spare time----it took him 2 months but the wait was worth it). So now I have the superstock look and still have the grille that came on the car (perfect condition) so I could go back to stock if desired. Now, lets hear the good, bad, and the ugly.

There are some spots that could be better, but I've done the best of my capabilities. The long piece that the bolts go through on the top still needs some bolck sanding then polishing, but I thought that everyone would like to see what I did up to now. The C ttim around the headlights are the original parts, I had a local guy straighten and polish them for 50 bones a few years ago, (he does mostly Harley stuff, but said he would do these in his spare time----it took him 2 months but the wait was worth it). So now I have the superstock look and still have the grille that came on the car (perfect condition) so I could go back to stock if desired. Now, lets hear the good, bad, and the ugly.

YOU DID GREAT !:yes:

Thanks Darius, take care of the business first, then the rest will fall into place.

The antenna hole is all welded up with just a minor skim coat of filler. I will be using a power hidden antenna (to boost the signal), so I got that part sorted out. I also finally spent some time figuring out how NOT to cut the hood bracing for the air filter (it hit the hood bracing), took about 3 hours of cutting just a smidge and fitting, cutting a smidge and fitting, till I was satisfied with how the tube and silicone elbow line up to give me clearence from the hood, belt, radiator, and ac compressor. Photo's will follow soon.

Looking good Zack, great job on that grill, can I send you mine ???

The antenna hole is all welded up with just a minor skim coat of filler. I will be using a power hidden antenna (to boost the signal), so I got that part sorted out. I also finally spent some time figuring out how NOT to cut the hood bracing for the air filter (it hit the hood bracing), took about 3 hours of cutting just a smidge and fitting, cutting a smidge and fitting, till I was satisfied with how the tube and silicone elbow line up to give me clearence from the hood, belt, radiator, and ac compressor. Photo's will follow soon.

It's looking real good. Great job and thank you for the detailed build. It really has helped with questions I've had.

If you had to do this for a customer, how would you bill for a three hour air cleaner install? :rolling: (Kidding, really just kidding.)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I only did the grille because I had the original to back myself up incase it turned into a pile of sh*t, and it took WAY too long to get done, but if you just got to have yours done, by all means, send it to me----just pulling your chain Tin.

Rev, that is a damn good question, I guess it would be pro bono, ha! Pics should get posted tommorrow night, had company over today for the super bowl---colts cost me a burrito off the roach coach.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I only did the grille because I had the original to back myself up incase it turned into a pile of sh*t, and it took WAY too long to get done, but if you just got to have yours done, by all means, send it to me----just pulling your chain Tin.

Rev, that is a damn good question, I guess it would be pro bono, ha! Pics should get posted tommorrow night, had company over today for the super bowl---colts cost me a burrito off the roach coach.

So does that mean you have to buy the burrito or actually eat it?:rolling:

Just buy it, I'll eat my sandwhich from home.

Sorry guys, no picks yet, the better half just HAD to have her gall bladder and a hernia removed/fixed, so I've been busy with that and the 2 kids. I will say this, the anestia and her do not get along nice, but now that she is home and in her own bed, she's sleeping like a baby. I'll try to get pics this weekend, but that's a big "IF".

And for your viewing pleasure......

passenger side fender 001.jpg

passenger side fender 002.jpg

passenger side fender 003.jpg

passenger side fender 004.jpg

passenger side fender 007.jpg

A few more. On the first set you can see that the antenna hole is gone. I think it cleaned up the look of the car. Now here is a shot of the 3 hour air intake, and it still is not to my total satisfaction, so I guess I'll have at it again, not trying to be show perfect with it, but, it has to get away from the heat sources and I seem to be losing the battle without spensing more money.

passenger side fender 008.jpg

passenger side fender 009.jpg

passenger side fender 014.jpg

passenger side fender 015.jpg

passenger side fender 012.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back