• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

That's looking really good.
How's the Mrs. doing?
Just a suggestion on the intake, perhaps you could get a couple of 90's from your local exhaust shop. Use one on the throttle body to a straight section and then the other when you get past the radiator? Maybe even put the filter on the outside of the core support? (Is there enough room between the grille and filler panel?)
Just a thought.....

Ok Rev, had a few hours today.....the better half took a nap along with the 19 month old baby......I did rework the air intake so now it comes over to the passenger side past the alt. and then down some. Amazing what tape can do to hold peices of aluminum tubing and not tear. My dad stopped by and we went to see his car getting body/paint done, looks really good, so I brought my fender with us, it has some ripples in it which is above my skill level to take out, and got a fair quote to fix it, so we left the fender there....the owner said he wants both fenders to make sure that the body lines and the wheel lip radius will be perfect (no guessing) so now I got to take off the drivers fender and get it to him. He has a Superbird, Road Runner, and a Coronet 500 in his shop that are in different stages of completion, so hopefully my fender will turn out good.

Here are some pics of the NEW acces covers, and the air intake ---now I just got to order some tubing.

acces covers 02212010 001.jpg

acces covers 02212010 002.jpg

acces covers 02212010 003.jpg

acces covers 02212010 004.jpg

acces covers 02212010 005.jpg

Nice job. I am digging on the access cover, also. You just keep coming up with the best ideas.....

Thanks Rev, the old noodle comes up with some good ideas every now and again---but according to the better half, they are few and far inbetween.

Thanks Rev, the old noodle comes up with some good ideas every now and again---but according to the better half, they are few and far inbetween.

I'm only allowed two or three a year, so I have to use them sparingly....:rolling:

Cheater!!!, you are not supposed to pay to have your body work done. Just kiding! hope it turns out well ( but you could do it yourself, I have faith in you).

Tin, I know my limitations, and that fender was giving me fits every time I tried to work on it. The dings weren't bad to get out, but the wrinkle was fighting me all the way and I could not get it to cooperate even when I threatened to use the BFH!!!! I'll take the hits from ya guys for the fender, but everything else I'll do myself---and I have faith that I can do the rest. By the way, are you gonna weld the doors shut since you got no door handles.....that would help stiffen up the body big time..lol!

Here are a few pics of the access panel or screen, with the brake line going thru it and also one of the casulties stainless steel lines that didn't cut the mustard, even though I used coat hangers for mock up.

brake line2242010 001.jpg

brake line2242010 002.jpg

brake line2242010 003.jpg

A few pics for your viewing pleasure. The pics of the blank dash plate, radio plate, and radio are for a member to see, I couldn't figure out how to send them in a pm.

brake line2242010 013.jpg

brake line2242010 014.jpg

brake line2242010 004.jpg

brake line2242010 006.jpg

brake line2242010 012.jpg

My dad said that my xmas gift should be here in a few days, new fiberglass front bumper from AAR in Fl. He FINALLY ordered it a few weeks ago, chemo and radiation kept down and out and he is done with that crap now and feeling much better, so thats the reason it took soooooo long, better late than never. He should also get his e body back from the body/paint guy this wwek....he is stoked!!!!

My dad said that my xmas gift should be here in a few days, new fiberglass front bumper from AAR in Fl. He FINALLY ordered it a few weeks ago, chemo and radiation kept down and out and he is done with that crap now and feeling much better, so thats the reason it took soooooo long, better late than never. He should also get his e body back from the body/paint guy this wwek....he is stoked!!!!

Glad to here he is doing well, make sure you post some pics of his car..

Well, the front bumper finally showed up.....it work fine except I don't have a 65 Coronet, so back it goes and hopefully AAR will get it right this time. I'll get pics of my dads car asap, it looks awesomw, laser straight and zero flaws. Now the fun really starts, getting her back together.

I think it would be the tits to have the MDS AOD and 3.91s and go hit the power tour!

That MDS system was very complex system for MB/Chrysler to create. Most of the hurdle was the mechanical portion, the MDS lifter & solenoids specifically.

We are working on an MDS control system that could be added to any Hemi that has the MDS lifter positions and fuel injection. We hope to use it on the 10/30 cuda w/ the viper 6 spd. I'll post up if we ever get to that point.

Yeah, got the front bumper and this time it's the correct one.

Ok, this has nothing to do with my car, but I just got the better half a Magnum 05' 3.5l and it has only 43k on it, the Tahoe is gone so now we are a total Mopar family. SWEET!!!! One other thing, the new front bumper is coming along nicely.....got to get a rear one now.

he-he, we are 3 Mopars out of 5 in my family. Was shooting for 4 out of 5, but the wifey pulled the reigns back on the kids and they now have a Ford truck. Oh well, now I don't have to treat the Magnum like a truck.

what car was the donor for the engine
and how many ponies does it put out at th real wheel

Auto Transport Service
Back