• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

late model hemi into early b bodies

03 5.7 hemi with 545rfe trans and both computers-3500 delivered to my work
255lph intank fuel pump- 200
filter/regulator-180
new tank-180
wiring harness-950
the determination to put it all together and make it work-priceless
these prices are from a few years ago so I'm sure they have gone up by now

Daredevil, the A bodies I hear take alittle more work to make it right, I'm sure the Abodies Only forum has someone there that has done this.

more eye candy

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic 029.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic 048.jpg

whats trans did u use

if its was a new one how did u make the tcm work.from what i heard the tcm will not work with any 5.7 6.1 engine dropped in an old car....

The trans is 545rfe, it comes standard behind the 5.7 hemi. The engine and trans were from a totaled 03 Ram and came with both computers. Get the wiring harness from Street & Performance and bingo all factory, no need to get anything else. Keep in mind the 03 has 2 computers and 04 up uses only 1. Also, if you have a problem with anything down the road any Dodge dealer can hook up to the diagnostic link and go from there. So basicly, new modern drivetrain, old vintage car.

will call you this week

thanks

also need part numbers for your braided line and fitting.

Last edited:
Sounds good, talk to you then.

Hi all, I have some new updated pics of how the Carger manifold and custom made manifold spacers look. The bad news is my camera is having difficulties uploading them so just give me some time and I'll get them posted asap. I'm sure there will be alot of questions and I'll do my best to answer them, but I will say this, the kits to do this are real $$$$ so I made my own out of aluminum and cnc'd them to get what I needed for around $80 plus 2 hours of time after work. The best part is if I want to run nitrous, the spacers can be drilled for the fittings and be totally hid from view, unlike the plates that go between the throttle body and intake manifold. While I dont plan on using nitrous, the door is open for someone else that is running an aftermarket fuel system. I'll get the pics posted as soon as my camera starts to cooperate.

As promised, updated pics.

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 001.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 002.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 003.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 004.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 005.jpg

And some more.

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 006.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 007.jpg

Picture   64 polara 500   5.7 Hemi w 5spd. automatic01082009 008.jpg

Does anyone have questions or coments, good or bad?

I like it. Personally I'd love to have a 2nd gen Barracuda fastback with a 5.7 and auto stick. A/C, MDS, easy power and long legs.

YEAH baby.

What I can't wrap my head around is the cost of doing it.

When its totally done I should have around $20g invested. Not to bad when you take in the cost of a new car then depreciate the hell out of it, this should only go up in value, hopefully.

I've seen a second gen Barracuda with a 5.7 and tubular k frame and it turned out bitchin, 727 trans though.

Thanks, it's a work in progress. Sometime in the next 2 weeks I should be able to fire it up, thats if I don't screw up on the wiring.

Sorry, didnt mean to cause pulmanary adeama.

Auto Transport Service
Back