• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Later Thermoquad Carb On Earlier Intake Manifold; Help!

I have a TQ intake if you need one. Cheap, but shipping could be another story.
He's got a T Quad intake. The one that came on his engine he's wanting to swap out. (for no good reason)

Hey all,

I recently picked up a ‘69 casting 2806178 intake for my ‘78 440 and I’m in the process of putting my C4-TQ thermoquad carb on it. I stumbled into the problem that the carb bolt holes do not line up at all. Is there an aftermarket spacer I can use to fit this carb on the earlier intake? Or do I need a whole new carb? I’d like to keep the carb since I already bought the rebuild kit, but if I have to get another one, which one should I get? Not trying to spend too much on one since I plan on making some performance upgrades to the engine later this year (intake, cam, heads, pistons, etc).
Carb: C4-TQ 9247S
Original intake: 3830733
‘69 intake: 2806178

I used the original base gasket to show how the carb would fit on the original intake and the ‘69 intake.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Chris

View attachment 1236654 View attachment 1236655 View attachment 1236656 View attachment 1236657 View attachment 1236658 View attachment 1236659 View attachment 1236660
Just buy a 72 and up intake to simplify your life.

Auto Transport Service
Back