• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LCA Stiffening plates

1970GTX

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Any one ever used these? I'd be interested in hearing any and all feedback, thanks.

I did. They really help stiffen the lca and if ya take your time to weld/smooth out the welds, they almost look like the factory did them. Super easy to do and. Pretty cheap mod, hell, scrap metal will do just fine if ya don't want to shell out 25 bones for the....don't forget to leave a hole for the torsion bar adjuster bolt if ya make your own.

I make my own. The first ones i made were 3/16" steel. I later figured that they didn't need to be even 1/2 that thickness to provide adequate shear strength. The last pair I did were .90 wall sheet metal. They are perimeter welded like the other LCA plates i have done.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I went a little further and checked them both for squareness, the added additional plates around the torsion bar mount. Also adjusting the width of the torsion bar socket bushing.
I also beefed up the sway bar mount to prevent the new Hotchkis bar from over stressing the mount and working it loose.

Need "K" member shots ? Got a few of those as well

Ron

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, but having the plate welded on top where the t bar adjuster is, won't that limit the travel, hence adjustment of the t bar?? Just asking cause it looks like it would from the pics.

No. I checked the range of travel before i welded it up, Its amazing how poorly assembled the lower control arms are, lots of potential for twist in them.

Ron

My "K" all buttoned up as well Used a "Firm Feel" kit to save time sourcing and cutting welding alone is 2 hours. Plus

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's gonna be a trip ! Im north of Toronto ...... I bought a second K member so I could have it ready before mine got pulled , Find a guy ho can weld an have it ready for him ...blasted and all cleaned up.

Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back