• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leave as race cars or restore to original?

Make them a better race car a better street car
no reason you can't do both

I'd side with a day 2 car either way, race or street/strip

good luck & happy Moparing
No reason you can't have a street driven car that perform well at the track!

5.13.15 005.jpg 6.22.14 009.jpg 7.12.15 103.jpg 7.12.15 104.jpg

Here is one(yeah it's not a mopar).My brother had back in 1970.
LS6 454 4 speed 4.10 gears from the factory. Yep Day 2 car with all the speed shop(remember those?) goodies. Never drove it because back we were from they got stolen quite often. Sat in the garage for over 40 years.1,092. Yep that's all the miles. After he died this January we started cleaning up and found some of the original parts along with the Cragar S/S wheels. Now the new owner is going to sell,but what to do? Restore to factory or leave it as Day 2 ? He has been told to do nothing don't even clean it and sell as found. He still is deciding.
It's a tough call and you got a great find with those cars !!!

View attachment 526608 View attachment 526609 View attachment 526610 View attachment 526611 View attachment 526612
I know I'm going to probably get a bunch of **** for this but man that's a badass looking car I like that with the Cragars.

I just joined FBBO, as I just bought my first B body, and my third pro street. This car was originally a drag car, but the previous owner turned it to Pro Street. I just like the combo of street and strip, if you like.

Charger rear quarter.jpg Charger interior2.jpg Charger trunk.jpg Charger engine.jpg

just put a plate on them and drive them on and off the track. just kidding i would go street look

My car is an original drag car. Still has the 1960's class winner sticker in the rear window. I drive it like I stole it. :thumbsup:

20180405_192153_1522971846992.jpg

that car is just to damn nice. can't you like get it dirty or something. just kidding

you guys need to send in pics for calender. all of you above

Auto Transport Service
Back