• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED dome lite

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone make a led equivalent for the Y1004 dome lite bulb ???

And is it easy to change out the radio lite bulb for a led equivalent ??

Chuck

The guys at https://www.superbrightleds.com/ have just about everything.

Just select year, make, and model. Here is a breakdown of bulbs for a 69 charger including both your dome and radio bulbs:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/veh...ehicle-led-lights?make=22&model=536&year=1969

Here are your options for the dome light:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/veh...-bulb?make=22&model=536&scc_id=1407&year=1969

If you feel like the prices are a little steep then try searching ebay or amazon. Remember to drop the Y and search for 1004 LED. Good Luck Chuck.

-Andrew

Thanks for the info.

Chuck

Wow...prices at Super Bright are steep. $225 for exterior lights, not including the headlights for my car.

Is the radio lite bulb easy to change ???

Is the radio lite bulb easy to change in a 70 RR.

Chuck

Got the lites. Truck lite is perfect. Really bright. Went to change the glove box lite & can't get it to lite. I tried the bulb different ways, thinking polarity. Made sure the dash lites were on. Nothing !!! Checked the old bulb & it works. What am I not doing incorrectly.

Chuck

Bump. I can't get the led for the glove box to work. Old lite works fine. New led will not work, I've tried it in different ways for polarity. Any ideas !!!

Chuck

Bump. I can't get the led for the glove box to work. Old lite works fine. New led will not work, I've tried it in different ways for polarity. Any ideas !!!

Chuck

Try it outside the car with a 12 volt source. Though I wouldn't connect it straight to battery because if it's internally shorted you will get quite the surprise.

I actually tried 2 bulbs of the same type. Neither worked. They must not be making the correct contact. And I know they are the correct bulbs. Any other suggestions ???

Chuck

Maybe they're both bad. Never know, you could be pulling your hair out over a bad batch of bulbs.

I put LEDs in my cluster, dome and map light with no problems but I could not get my glove box led to work either, if I recall the glove box positive is on the barrel of the lamp and the tip is negative hence the problem.
I had a couple of twist in on the cluster not work then spun them 180 and they where fine, the damn things have a + and - and won't work if the polarity is wrong.

I put LEDs in my cluster, dome and map light with no problems but I could not get my glove box led to work either, if I recall the glove box positive is on the barrel of the lamp and the tip is negative hence the problem.
I had a couple of twist in on the cluster not work then spun them 180 and they where fine, the damn things have a + and - and won't work if the polarity is wrong.

Thanks, that was driving me nuts !! Now I need to get to the radio & ash tray lites.

chuck

Radio lite & ash tray lite are perfect. Nice bright look to the dome & trunk lite. Now I can actually see the instruments at nite. I am debating about doing the outside lites.

Chuck

I also changed the 2 lites that lite up the heater & vent controls. I can actually see them now at nite.

Chuck

Auto Transport Service
Back