• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LED Tailights 67 Plymouth Belvedere

440ronnie67

Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Just decided to try installing LED lights in my taillight housing using lights for trailers. Wiring pretty simple. 1 ground,1 marker, 1 stop/turn. pretty easy. The good thing is that it is reversible so if I ever decide to return, to stock I wont have any issues. 20140629_183648.jpg20140629_183705.jpg20140629_210618.jpg

Did the same on my 67 way brighter than stock What did you do about the turn signal did you have to change a flasher also? Or do those lights have something Built in.

still working on the other side, ill let you know.

I just used the LED bulbs in mine, signals work without any changes. I swapped all my dash bulbs out as well...wow nice clean white light. The only thing you need to use the old bulbs for your dash signal lights. I bought 10 1156 and 10 1157 and 8 dash bulbs for $18 bucks to my door from China...free shipping to boot.
AL

results. installed rear lights and everything works perfect. I have not changed the front marker lighst to led. I think the rear lights have variable load resistors built in them considering they are designed for trailers. Thanks for the reply's.

What brand are those? They look great and seem simple enough.

I just used the LED bulbs in mine, signals work without any changes. I swapped all my dash bulbs out as well...wow nice clean white light. The only thing you need to use the old bulbs for your dash signal lights. I bought 10 1156 and 10 1157 and 8 dash bulbs for $18 bucks to my door from China...free shipping to boot.
AL[/QUOTE

Why can't you use the new LED in your dash signal lights? I am doing the conversion also and did not know this so can you explain it for me. Thanks, Al

superbrightleds.com you can buy the led bulbs for every light on any car even our old mopars, pretty cheap and extremely reliable, every light on my charger has an led bulb in it and all i had to change was the indicator flasher unit to an led capable one, i think the flasher was $11

Not sure why you'd do this, but it is kinda cool....
[video=youtube;2-bqGaSXG3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-bqGaSXG3U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back