• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets start a real life shop tour thread

Serious shop envy for me too! I can't compete with you Midwest guys and your acreage...here's my humble two car filled with stuff waiting to be shook off the shelves come eathquake action! Lol
IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

3 Cars stuffed in a 2 car garage. No insulation so the heat goes right out through the walls. what the Hell summer is coming
IMG_3491.JPG
IMG_3492.JPG
IMG_3493.JPG
IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG IMG_3492.JPG IMG_3493.JPG IMG_3494.JPG

I had a 1 car garage (14X24) and last year I added a 20X30 pole Building. I knocked out the back wall of the garage and married the pole building to it.
Shop lights 11-23-16 1.jpg
Shop lights 11-23-16 3.jpg

pole 9-21-16.jpg

OK I love it well I work offshore 14days on and 14days off so my shop project started a year ago or 6 month of work time.

I sold my old Hotrod at cruising the Coast in Ms. Last year took the money and spent half on car and parts and the other half on building the shop. I made a promise to myself that I would not build another car laying on my back with no room to work. My friends quit coming over to my house because they say my only conversation is (hold that end). It was a lot of work but very gratifying after the day was done ,don’t get me wrong looking at my ProStreet 67GTX for a year was hard and a 500ci ERIC SHELTON pump gas masterpiece ready to go but I did it.

20170124_145605.jpg 20170122_191049.jpg 20170124_145605.jpg 20170124_132844.jpg

So ive seen this on other forums and its always turned into one of those 100 + page threads. Didnt see one here though. The idea is to post pics of your workspace as is, no tidying up no organizing to look pretty. Lets take a tour of each others shops, piles of parts and tools scattered included. And a little blip about the kinds of things you guys have either tools or lighting, compressor plumbing wash up sinks whatever. And yes a b body on jack stands in the crushed stone behind your house with a walmart plastic molded box socket set counts as a "shop" its the cool tools and the hardships we find work arounds for that make ever build thread we read that much cooler. And of course, if you make changes or get a new cool tool please share.

So i spose ill start. My shop is a very cozy 18x22 two stall garage with 7ft ceilings. Ive put the lighting on the outside edges of one bay, because i need to see down the side of my cars, any direct overhead lighting does nothing but shadow. Also one light over where the engine bays typically sit. I have a mid rise parallell rotary lift in that bay. Full length bench across the back usually covered in crap(as you can see) where some useful tools also hang out. My other bay is the "shop" space, With a 3in1 roll break shear. Welding cart with a mig tig and plasma cutter. And a nice welding bench. Then i have a cabinet for paint oil filler, lots of pb blaster and mystery oil, cleaning stuff etc. Main toolbox I have a nice little side room on the pathway to my connected basement. I have crammed in there a 20ton shop press, sandblasting booth, bio parts washer (i just use it for the heater with simple green instead of the microbe slurry though) and an 80 gallon 5hp IR compressor. View attachment 396645 View attachment 396646 View attachment 396647 View attachment 396648 View attachment 396649 View attachment 396650

Looks like an episode of American Pickers.

Looks like an episode of American Pickers.
haha you should see my back yard... here just what i had organized for a few months, ive got something like 17 vehicle scattered around. i dont discriminate, if it has a motor and peaks my interest, ill take it. all makes, so alot of different parts/tools and trinkets. ive seen moved things around again, ill have to reorganize when the snows gone in the spring and get a new picture.

20160619_121451.jpg

haha you should see my back yard... here just what i had organized for a few months, ive got something like 17 vehicle scattered around. i dont discriminate, if it has a motor and peaks my interest, ill take it. all makes, so alot of different parts/tools and trinkets. ive seen moved things around again, ill have to reorganize when the snows gone in the spring and get a new picture.

View attachment 398162

I like that red sedan delivery. Tell us more.....

I like that red sedan delivery. Tell us more.....
left to right for everyone else, 51 ford f1, POS gave to cousin in law. 51 f3, all original flathead v8. for more days of tinkering and itll be on the road, leaving it just like that. the red is a 1950 b series 1/2ton dodge panel truck. frames crap. flathead 6 three on the tree. body is decent. and has beautiful original hardwood flooring. i have an 83 blazer, 4x4 4 speed that runs and drives. ive always loved the idea of dodge powerwagons, but they were too utilitarian and ugly. def dont look nearly as cool as the classic panels. so hopefully shortly after spring arrives ill have a "homemade" version of a 1950 powerwagon panel truck. next to that is a POS 57 dodge 1/2 panel truck. going to make that a goat shed or chicken coop...... and next to left is a 46 chevy fleetline aerosedan. one of the first fastback coupes out there. really sweet car. look chopped but straight from the factory. frames junk and no drivetrain. but i have a 92 gmc pickup truck z71 chassis thats the same wheelbase, also runs and drives, already lowered, so hopefully also this years ill have that on the road. and itll be one of the only lowered but 4x4 chevy fleetlines out there. i originally had planned on making a madmax lifted dually 4x4 fleetline, and that may still happen, however without modfying it, i can lowered it and no one will know its a 4x4, or jack it up and have a bad *** ratrod madmax car. of course everyones a opinions on my direction for that project would be nice. mayeb ill start a "random other projects/builds" thread for those things given they arnt b bodys.

14 x24 currently with the Altered Wheelbase car tying it up.:mad:
By next fall I should be able to be partway into my 28x40 with an 11x38 basement 9' high.:)
Damn new garage is breaking me so there hasn't been any improvements to any cars for a while...:BangHead:
I made bars for the basement windows...:icon_fU:
Best part so far is the last picture...4 separate zones of in floor heating...:thumbsup:

4 rh door.jpg 28 front clip.jpg 030.jpg 001.jpg 006.jpg 1  9-22-16.jpg

left to right for everyone else, 51 ford f1, POS gave to cousin in law. 51 f3, all original flathead v8. for more days of tinkering and itll be on the road, leaving it just like that. the red is a 1950 b series 1/2ton dodge panel truck. frames crap. flathead 6 three on the tree. body is decent. and has beautiful original hardwood flooring. i have an 83 blazer, 4x4 4 speed that runs and drives. ive always loved the idea of dodge powerwagons, but they were too utilitarian and ugly. def dont look nearly as cool as the classic panels. so hopefully shortly after spring arrives ill have a "homemade" version of a 1950 powerwagon panel truck. next to that is a POS 57 dodge 1/2 panel truck. going to make that a goat shed or chicken coop...... and next to left is a 46 chevy fleetline aerosedan. one of the first fastback coupes out there. really sweet car. look chopped but straight from the factory. frames junk and no drivetrain. but i have a 92 gmc pickup truck z71 chassis thats the same wheelbase, also runs and drives, already lowered, so hopefully also this years ill have that on the road. and itll be one of the only lowered but 4x4 chevy fleetlines out there. i originally had planned on making a madmax lifted dually 4x4 fleetline, and that may still happen, however without modfying it, i can lowered it and no one will know its a 4x4, or jack it up and have a bad *** ratrod madmax car. of course everyones a opinions on my direction for that project would be nice. mayeb ill start a "random other projects/builds" thread for those things given they arnt b bodys.
Got an 87 Dodge Power Ram 4x4 i'll sell ya...

Had looked at renting a two car to work on stuff in . Rent was running 1500 with 220 no water shared bathroom. Screw that I said ! Found a three two with a one car two blocks from my house. Needed a new roof and a replumb. Went into this with the plan to keep it as resalable when I need to move on . Rented out master bedroom to a buddy covering insurance and utilities. I got a office and my own bathroom. Can drive the 64 into the livingroom to work in a/c(must have in FLA). Double.sliding door covered by roll down door just wide enough )The garage plan is to plumb it for fans when it's paint time. Pouring a slab for a two post( be a nice patio with the lift removed ). The garage, livingroom , patio all plumbed for air tools . Be able.to roll tool chests out to the lift from living room. Will need to put one of the RV steel roof cages over the lift when the tax return comes in.

1488395473309172861973.jpg 1488395542276-534696852.jpg 1488395587079-1370097653.jpg KIMG0194.JPG

Last edited:
Not for everyone but it's Cassa el Carro for me.

KIMG0189.JPG KIMG0190.JPG KIMG0191.JPG

Last edited:
Here is what we have. 19x16x7 old red barn with concrete floor, second floor same size, Wood and car shop. My plan is to add a 16x10x8 shed to the back of it this summer then open the walls up for access. The "shed" will eventually hold all of the tools and shelving giving us the 19x16 area just for the car.
20170408_195649.jpg

20170408_200228.jpg

20170408_200252.jpg

20170408_195753.jpg

20170408_195808.jpg

20170408_195913.jpg

20170408_200000.jpg

20170408_200059.jpg

20170408_200014.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back