• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lets try a tunnel ram

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
figure without some major changes i've about maxed out the ET on the dart. best its been is 10.30 @ 131. thats with the MP cross ram and the 770 carbs. We tried some 850's on it but the distribution really isn't for crap on that intake. to really get it to be right with the bigger carbs was going to take some distribution dams. So my solution, try the bigger carbs on an intake that shouldn't have any distribution issues. i set it on there last night, looks pretty cool. i'll have to fab up a throttle cable bracket and some fuel lines yet. have to wait a few months before i can see what it really does, if anything.

Whether it does anything or not it definitely has that bad azz look! Thanks for sharing.

The car looks even better in person. I'd love to try a tunnel ram, just won't fit under the legal scoop.
Doug

Very nice!! I think somebody is board and needs a new project. LOL Its amazing how period correct the car looks. I agree with dvw the car looks way better in person!!!

Go for it! Ran a Weiand TR with 2-750's on top of a 440 in a 68 road runner. Ran a best of 10.50 but wasn't consistent until high 10.60's. Would run a 10.68 on any given day and a .69 leaving at an idle. Loved it!

Good luck with the throttle cable with sideways carbs on a tunnelram. it's a real bitch.
Ask me how i know?

- - - Updated - - -

My Hemi and B1 wedge tunnelrams

Attachments

• DSCN3131.jpg
    DSCN3131.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 611
  • DSCN3126.jpg
    DSCN3126.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 805
  • b1 motor1.jpg
    b1 motor1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 560
Good luck with the throttle cable with sideways carbs on a tunnelram. it's a real bitch.
Ask me how i know?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I ran mine front to back....makes things much more simpler....I mean really much more simpler lol

Yeah, I ran mine front to back....makes things much more simpler....I mean really much more simpler lol

My hemi in the 65 Plymouth runs front to back. no problem at all. but when you go sideways,it's a totally different animal.

Attachments

• hemi 584 pic at beaver springs.jpg
    hemi 584 pic at beaver springs.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 643
figure without some major changes i've about maxed out the ET on the dart. best its been is 10.30 @ 131. thats with the MP cross ram and the 770 carbs. We tried some 850's on it but the distribution really isn't for crap on that intake. to really get it to be right with the bigger carbs was going to take some distribution dams. So my solution, try the bigger carbs on an intake that shouldn't have any distribution issues. i set it on there last night, looks pretty cool. i'll have to fab up a throttle cable bracket and some fuel lines yet. have to wait a few months before i can see what it really does, if anything.

Nice piece. What is the CI?

Nice piece. What is the CI?

505 4.4bore/4.150 stroke. just an iron headed street motor. gets driven a lot. although i would really like to invest in a "good" set of aluminum heads for it some day, when i built it 12 years ago i was a 25 year old kid on a extremely tight budget, only reason i was able to afford it is because i worked in an engine shop at the time so i did all my own machine work / assembly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask me how i know?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the pics, i was thinking i would have to make something similar to the bracket on the middle pic.

- - - Updated - - -

Its amazing how period correct the car looks.

may get even more period correct if i put this hood back on it my dad ran in the 70's before i was born.. lol

That looks like an old early 70's Pro Stock scoop on your dads Dart. Your setup looks nice. Kinda reminds me of the 70's Pro Stock tunnel Rams. Will that fit under your Hemi scoop ? Really looks good. Ron

love the look

keep us updated

should be better than the old Cross Ram for even distribution too

I ran that same style of scoop that's on your dads car,
back in 1979-81ish on a 68 Charger with a RB combo
with an old Weiand Tunnel Ram with dual Holley 660cfm's inline,
later with a Edelbrock TR & dual 770's sideways,
both Edelbrock & Weiand had/still has linkage for them

good luck

love the look

keep us updated

should be better than the old Cross Ram for even distribution too

I ran that same style of scoop that's on your dads car,
back in 1979-81ish on a 68 Charger with a RB combo
with an old Weiand Tunnel Ram with dual Holley 660cfm's inline,
later with a Edelbrock TR & dual 770's sideways,
both Edelbrock & Weiand had/still has linkage for them

good luck

Enderle is the place to get the linkage. Great company and the best prices.

That looks like an old early 70's Pro Stock scoop on your dads Dart. Your setup looks nice. Kinda reminds me of the 70's Pro Stock tunnel Rams. Will that fit under your Hemi scoop ? Really looks good. Ron

i'm not sure if it'll fit under the hemi scoop or not. i would have to cut the hood more, i just have 2 holes in it now for the cross ram. i'm pretty confident though there is no way it'll fit under the hemi scoop with air cleaners, which i plan on running. Good thing is its the same car thats in the vintage pic, so other than needing paint the old hood should go back on without two much issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Enderle is the place to get the linkage. Great company and the best prices.

yep already have the Enderle, i set it up the other night before i powercoated the intake.

Put the early prostock hood scoop on! Im a little partial to the early 70,s a body prostock look.

505 4.4bore/4.150 stroke. just an iron headed street motor. gets driven a lot. although i would really like to invest in a "good" set of aluminum heads for it some day, when i built it 12 years ago i was a 25 year old kid on a extremely tight budget, only reason i was able to afford it is because i worked in an engine shop at the time so i did all my own machine work / assembly.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the pics, i was thinking i would have to make something similar to the bracket on the middle pic.

- - - Updated - - -

may get even more period correct if i put this hood back on it my dad ran in the 70's before i was born.. lol

I make that scoop and it is on ebay right now.

Auto Transport Service
Back