• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lickity Split and ugly turbo results from Norwalk

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Thursday started with finding a broken valve spring. Got better when Summit Racing agreed to stay open late so we could make the 90 minute trip to get parts and tools, which of course they had in stock. Friday the 64 is repaired and the 62 is running well. The 64 rips off four 9.2x passes within .004, but the driver sucks. The turbo savoy runs some 9.8-9.9@137+. Saturday the 62 goes 5 rounds to the final 3 in the 10.0 shoot out. Then it comes unraveled. Trans gets hot falls off to a 10.08. Even with .04 advantage on the tree it wasn't enough. A quick hot lap into Pro as it was double entered. Round 5 ,last 6 cars, it pukes trans fluid and it's weekend is done. Meanwhile I've managed to get the 64 into the Semis in N/SS. My opponent leaves on a .138 light, and what do I do? .003 red ARGGHH. Sunday is another day. I'm determined not to bulb. So at a conservative pace I make my way to the final. The car has been deadly all weekend. My opponent is the slowest car in the class N/SS F 12.50 vs me the quickest A/FX 9.25. I sit on the line for an eternity. In the end I push him out with a 9.23 to his 12.45. Pretty excited as this was my 2nd semi and 3rd win of the year.
Doug

saw your runs thought that I had taken a few shots I will have to look for them

Great Job DVW!!

Anyone hear who won Hemi?
John Rendes won Saturday, John Buehler won Sunday. I forgot to mention Joe Middle made a great run Saturday winning N/SS.
Doug

great job Doug!! didn't i also hear something about best appearing car out of the whole thing?? congrats and great talking to you as always.

68 Hemi GTS your inbox is full

congrats Doug
sounds like a great & fun race for both of you...

great job Doug!! didn't i also hear something about best appearing car out of the whole thing?? congrats and great talking to you as always.
Yes the car received best appearing racecar award. I was was honored to get it.
Doug

congrats
on the best appearing racecar award too... good week end

John Rendes won Saturday, John Buehler won Sunday. I forgot to mention Joe Middle made a great run Saturday winning N/SS.
Doug

Thanks Doug!

Yha, Joe had a great Saturday Night and John Rendes had a great Friday and Saturday Night. I think he took $1700.00 for runner upping in the Gamblers Race on Friday.

Congrats to both of you on a great weekend ! Ron

Good job Doug! Don't know if you remember me and my partner Phil. We used to race the old Arlen Vanke 63 Plymouth in N/SS during the 90's. Still have the car and still race it a few times a year. It's the Ol' Brownie car that Arlen and Bill Abraham raced back in the mid 60's, painted black now. Anyway congratulations on your win and we hope to see you at a race next year, Craig Dawson.

Good job Doug! Don't know if you remember me and my partner Phil. We used to race the old Arlen Vanke 63 Plymouth in N/SS during the 90's. Still have the car and still race it a few times a year. It's the Ol' Brownie car that Arlen and Bill Abraham raced back in the mid 60's, painted black now. Anyway congratulations on your win and we hope to see you at a race next year, Craig Dawson.
Absolutely remember you. Car was always a favorite. Hope we get to race together. I'm trying to get to Indy for the NMCA race in October.
Doug

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely remember you. Car was always a favorite. Hope we get to race together. I'm trying to get to Indy for the NMCA race in October.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back