• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lokar cable kickdown question

fk5dave

Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
hi guys. i am thinking of going with the Lokar KD-2727HT - Lokar Hi-Tech Kickdown Kits. the rep at lokar said that the LOK-SRK-4003 bracket will not work with my speed demon carb on my 440/727 setup. i am also using the JEGS anodized aluminum throttle cable holder. i really dont want an after market throttle cable setup that they sell. but if someone else has reviews on how it worked then maybe? what do you guys have in mind. thanks!

I installed a Lokar throttle cable, bracket and kickdown cable on a friends Edelbrock PF-4 install and REALLY liked it, even though I didn't want to...
Lokar 2.jpg

I used my stock linkage, 383 2bbl, on my Edelbrock RPM w Fitech FI. Used a piece of allthread that matched the vertical adjusting rod and horizontal rod, turnbuckle to connect. Used a bracket from Mancini to adjust for hight on rear of manifold. I prefer the stock mechanical linkage. That said, I have heard good things about Lokar setup. Have a look at this video. I did this and my throttle and kickdown work perfectly in sync.

Auto Transport Service
Back