• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long lugs for front drums--Weld Wheels

DereII

Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody have a part number for suitable press-in studs to use on my original 10" front drum-equipped '67 Belvedere? I'm wanting to use Weld wheels up front and require longer lugs. Already run 3" studs on the rear axles, haven't found anything more specific for factory drum hub use than Moroso part number 46180 stating "Fits: Most late model Ford front and rear disc brake, 2005-Up Mustang rear and Chrysler front" along with their dimensions.

How about it, any practical experience with those studs or another part number?

You need the knurl size of your studs. Have you removed front studs before? You can damage front hubs if not done right.

Does anybody have a part number for suitable press-in studs to use on my original 10" front drum-equipped '67 Belvedere? I'm wanting to use Weld wheels up front and require longer lugs. Already run 3" studs on the rear axles, haven't found anything more specific for factory drum hub use than Moroso part number 46180 stating "Fits: Most late model Ford front and rear disc brake, 2005-Up Mustang rear and Chrysler front" along with their dimensions.

How about it, any practical experience with those studs or another part number?

According to the catalogue your knurl size is .625" BUT I would take one out and measure. Sometimes you get lucky and find a replacement with a knurl size that can be pressed in but usually you have to drill/ream the hole to fit a larger replacement stud

While there are a lot advertised with .625" knurl on Summit, be careful often they are a loose fit. Try 1 before you spend for a full set

I have a set in my 62 drum front, but I put them in so long ago I don't remember the brand or part number. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they were the moroso's you mentioned.
Knock a stud out and measure it, is good advice.

I have a set in my 62 drum front, but I put them in so long ago I don't remember the brand or part number. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they were the moroso's you mentioned.
Knock a stud out and measure it, is good advice.

That's the problem with me, too, I don't write down part numbers like I should! Ain't no knocking out these studs, gotta find someone with a swedge cutter to get 'em out and I'll measure then. Short chance, but hoping someone's done this and recorded the part numbers so I could order them now.

Here are directions for changing drums maybe they'll help? They aren't order. Maybe one duplicate.

drumray5.jpg drumray7.jpg drumray6.jpg drumray7.jpg drumray8.jpg drumray9.jpg

That's the problem with me, too, I don't write down part numbers like I should! Ain't no knocking out these studs, gotta find someone with a swedge cutter to get 'em out and I'll measure then. Short chance, but hoping someone's done this and recorded the part numbers so I could order them now.

You can grind off the swedges with a small angle grinder or die grinder and knock them out. Might nick the drums a little but it'll work.

Auto Transport Service
Back