• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

longer rear wheelstuds

cherokeechief79

Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
i need longer wheelstuds for the rear of my 67 coronet wagon.i got new wheels and tires and i thought i was correct with the backspace at 5.5.but they hit the leafsprings.ill need to run about a 3/8 spacer.i already bought new lugnuts and would rather not go with very long studs and an open lugnut.is there one i can get locally that will work and be around 3/8 or so longer?also can i press these in without removing the axle?its an 8 3/4 rear

You can bang out the old studs with a hammer. I have never seen TWEEN studs.
You need the longer studs......
Can cut them down if need be.

If you cut studs put a die on stud first cut stud clean up end remove die clean as needed.

Try Dorman 610-446. They are about .35 inch longer than stock. They also have a .010 larger knurl. They are listed for Jeeps. I just bought them for my front disc brake conversion.

Try Dorman 610-446. They are about .35 inch longer than stock. They also have a .010 larger knurl. They are listed for Jeeps. I just bought them for my front disc brake conversion.
460 R.jpg
461 R.jpg

thanks!i ordered 10 last nite from autozone...just 2 bux each

thanks....i made one similar for a ford axle i had to do.worked like a charm.
its nice not just stacked washers

Auto Transport Service
Back