• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a '67 Belvedere II

I assume you know that on the stamp it will say something like D440 or E440 something like that. The E or the D will tell you the date. Whatever the letter may end up being as I can't remember right now lol.

How much under $20k? From the photos it doesn't look like a $18-$20k car to me. Maybe $13-$15k? Just my opnion.
That's what I'm targeting. Unless there is something more interesting? Its why I needed Belvedere info. Selling in Feb is tougher. Bad month to sell here. He should wait until May. So some opportunity as a buyer.

I assume you know that on the stamp it will say something like D440 or E440 something like that. The E or the D will tell you the date. Whatever the letter may end up being as I can't remember right now lol.
I highly doubt it's a HP. But something like that would make car more "interesting"

It does look like it has a 22 inch core support. But they had those for 383 cars too. So you cannot discount that.

I highly doubt it's a HP. But something like that would make car more "interesting"
HP would be something else stamped into the pad. C440 D440 E440 would tell you what year the engine is. That way you know if its atleast date coded to the car. After all the first year for the 440 in a B-Body was 1967. :)

HP would be something else stamped into the pad. C440 D440 E440 would tell you what year the engine is. That way you know if its atleast date coded to the car. After all the first year for the 440 in a B-Body was 1967. :)
A lot to learn about the car. Again, I'm not anticipating anything making purchase a must. But it's why we look?

I don't see anywhere close to a 20K car here, just saying and my opinion. I do see some kind of a funky solution to put a 26" or bigger radiator in a 22" opening. My question is what else has had a presidential solution? As is I see 8K-12K.

I don't see anywhere close to a 20K car here, just saying and my opinion. I do see some kind of a funky solution to put a 26" or bigger radiator in a 22" opening. My question is what else has had a presidential solution? As is I see 8K-12K.
$8k-12k? You couldn't come close to a setup for that. Maybe an A-body? I know Belvederes are not GTX. But under $10k would be stealing it. Assuming underneath is as decent as body. If "Cruntchy?" Then it's walk away time.

$8k-12k? You couldn't come close to a setup for that. Maybe an A-body? I know Belvederes are not GTX. But under $10k would be stealing it. Assuming underneath is as decent as body. If "Cruntchy?" Then it's walk away time.
Jerry is the 66/67 king.. He would know pricing I mean unless that car has some special built 440 with lots of hop up goodies. I trust Jerrys judgement. A little insight. Here https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1967/Plymouth/Belvedere-II/2-Door-Hardtop/Values

Here is a really nice GTX Clone. for under 13k
https://cars.oodle.com/detail/1967-plymouth-belvedere/6254353380-south-richmond-hill-ny/

And another for 13400
https://cars.oodle.com/detail/1967-plymouth-belvedere-ii/6254353302-san-mateo-ca/

Last edited:
Jerry is the 66/67 king.. He would know pricing I mean unless that car has some special built 440 with lots of hop up goodies. I trust Jerrys judgement.
440 Engine bored +30. Aluminum 12:5.1 Dome shaped Forged Pistons. 284/484 Mopar performance Purple Hydraulic Camshaft. Headman Headers, Edlebrock Aluminum single plane. This is what was forwarded. Kinda a standard street (some race) build. (One of my question was compression and fuel choice) 727 standard reverse valvebody build. The rear will be interesting? Advertised as sure grip 8 3/4. Or any suspension upgrades? just have to see?

I have no idea of value in your part of the country, maybe you need to widen your search. I will stay with my opinion.

When I built my 440 I had a little over 6500.00 wrapped up in the engine. Machine work and all that. It was bored 30 over reluctantly because it had some bad rust in one cylinder. So I had to buy new pistons. Not to mention I had the 452 heads rebuilt and a few new seats put in them and some porting work. Its easy to tie up money in an engine. Thats for sure. Make sure you look under the car all over and the floor pans are good as well as frame rails etc etc. The car is worth what you are willing to pay.

When I built my 440 I had a little over 6500.00 wrapped up in the engine. Machine work and all that. It was bored 30 over reluctantly because it had some bad rust in one cylinder. So I had to buy new pistons. Not to mention I had the 452 heads rebuilt and a few new seats put in them and some porting work. Its easy to tie up money in an engine. Thats for sure. Make sure you look under the car all over and the floor pans are good as well as frame rails etc etc. The car is worth what you are willing to pay.
I think that's where the "talk or walk" will be. Floor/trunk and frame rails. It's also hard to hide a tired engine. (Which would not surprise me) it's why receipts are so very important. I've looked at a lot of crap out there. I gave up on any fantasy Gen II Charger discovery? (As most any of us have)

I think that's where the "talk or walk" will be. Floor/trunk and frame rails. It's also hard to hide a tired engine. (Which would not surprise me) it's why receipts are so very important. I've looked at a lot of crap out there. I gave up on any fantasy Gen II Charger discovery? (As most any of us have)
It looks to me like right beside the battery in the trunk there is some fiberglass work on the trunk floor pan. It may be an optical illusion but you need to check that out. Between the battery and the spare tire well.

It looks to me like right beside the battery in the trunk there is some fiberglass work on the trunk floor pan. It may be an optical illusion but you need to check that out.
Yeah. Pics are tough. Fiberglass is easy to spot live. As I suspect. There will be something worrisome. There always seems to be. Lol.

66-67's didn't rust as bad as the 68-70's, so if the exterior is rust free, then the floors and trunk should be solid. If the engine is a 67-71 440 then a little value can be added there. If it's a later cast crank 440, that is less desirable. Belvedere II is a bench seat car so going on your pictures, it's a column shift automatic. Look at the front floor pans, check lower rear quarter panels and trunk extensions. Those are the worry about places on that body, unless it's been totally abused over the years.

440 Engine bored +30. Aluminum 12:5.1 Dome shaped Forged Pistons. 284/484 Mopar performance Purple Hydraulic Camshaft. Headman Headers, Edlebrock Aluminum single plane. This is what was forwarded. Kinda a standard street (some race) build. (One of my question was compression and fuel choice) 727 standard reverse valvebody build. The rear will be interesting? Advertised as sure grip 8 3/4. Or any suspension upgrades? just have to see?
So, some money has been spent on the drivetrain. 12.5 pistons and reverse manual valve body have race car written all over it. Unless that's your intended use, you will spend a lot making it streetable.

So, some money has been spent on the drivetrain. 12.5 pistons and reverse manual valve body have race car written all over it. Unless that's your intended use, you will spend a lot making it streetable.
I agree. But with those small M/T Tires and Weld rims (Which are nice) but kinda small for any serious racing efforts? Blow them off with a highway punch?

Until you see in person it's difficult to put a fair value on it.
What I will say, and not to be negative, is that it looks rough in the grainy photos you posted. That's a bad sign. My car looks perfect in photos, but is far from it in real life. If it looks dodgy in the photos then don't expect too much.
You know what you're doing anyway and what to look for. As you say, if you don't look you'll never know. Good luck, hope I'm wrong.

For 67 a Bel II would be RH23

A Satellite would be RP23

Satellite would also have a standard bucket seat interior.

The next letter in the VIN is the engine size.

C- 225-1
D- 273-2
E- 318-2
F 383-2
G- 383-4
H- Hemi

Someone has de-chromed the side stripe.

I'd check carefully for other body work.

Auto Transport Service
Back