• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for pinchweld trim molding. Or suggestions on how to...

Hey all,

I am getting down to the final stages of reassembly of my 66. The pinchweld trim molding is very tired... scratched, dented. Compared to the new paint job and polished stainless, it looks bad. The pictures show AFTER buffing.
I can find no source for aftermarket trim and with the original being chromed aluminum (at least I think it's chrome over aluminum), it's near impossible to fix. Does anyone have suggestions on how to improve the old stuff? Can it be sanded then re-polished? Or, anyone have a source for replacement options?

View attachment 1267251

View attachment 1267252

View attachment 1267253

Thanks in advance.
A wanted ad here on the site would be your best bet.

I've seen more than several that have that trim removed.

That means those parts are around at least for a little while.

Ok, took a while to remember which forum. :lol:.
Well I looked and didn't find anything, but came across a box up in the rafters that had a note on it my wife wrote when we put it up there. On it it says ridge trim. No gaurentee it's in there, but soon as I get some crap moved I can get it down. In any hurry?

GassMann, sorry it took so long ... I found it. To be clear, the short piece only from the end of the door to the long piece on the quarter, correct.
Left side. Needs a little buffing but I have one.
LMK....

Sorry mate... not that piece. It comes from the from the very front of the fender. It mounts right above the headlight/grill mount box but it does look like the piece you are talking about and it's about the same length. On the 67, it has the turn signal light in it.

Auto Transport Service
Back