• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost/Looking for my Uncle's 1969 Bahama Yellow Road runner

Camsdad

Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Hagan (aka Camsdad) and I live near Daytona Beach,Fl and I am new to the site.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for a LOST 69 RR. My uncle in 1969 bought the RR new when he returned home from the service, but traded it back in about a year later for a pickup so he could move his family to Florida to start a business with his dad. He does not have any paperwork on the car(so I don't have a vin), but is was BAHAMA YELLOW, black stripes on the hood, with a 383 and a 4 speed. It had black interior, buckets with console I believe, no air, no power steering or power brakes. He purchased and traded the car in at JB DELANEY Dodge Plymouth Dealer in Falmouth,Ky. He remembers hearing that a lady(unknown age or name) from Cynthiana,Ky purchased the RR from said Dealer in 1970'ish and that was the last information he had. I remember as a kid, riding with him and shifting the gears. Now that I have Mopars myself we talk and he reminices about his old RR. I would like to try and locate this car if it still exists, buy it, restore it or at least put it on a trailer and take it to him so he can sit in it, drive it before he is gone. I am not saying he is ill or anything and I hope he is around for a very long time, but he is over 70 and I would like to get the car back in the family and have him enjoy it again. I know there is not much to go on, but I know that Mopar owners like to know the history of their cars, so if anyone out there can help or knows of a RR matching the description with original owner purchasing from above dealer or from the 2nd owner in Cynthiana please let me know. I thank you in advance.

Just bumping my post to see if anyone can think of any info to help me.
Thanks, Hagan

Good luck with the search. I had a one-owner Bahama yellow runner in '76.

Wish I could help you - stranger things have happened. You're doing a good deed, I hope sometHingcomes of your search....

Hey Hagan, how's it going? I will ask around to all the guys I know up this way. I wish you the best on your search.

Auto Transport Service
Back