• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Asking opinions of the value of this 69 Road Runner.

:thumbsup: in the photos shown it's a nice car
(color change can hurt it in resale AS MUCH AS 20%, ask almost any MoPar person)
for a 'decore interior' std 11"x3" manual drums 383 4bbl 335hp/727tf column shift,
$55k-maybe $60k is really good money for the seller (some areas, that's all the $$$ too)
if it was as the fender-tag/VIN states, near perfect, professional looking job

don't get me wrong
I'm a Day 2 guy all the way now, if the color is good
& presents itself well, not a cheap job
I don't think it deters me or would lessen the value much...

& Mecum, the better higher-end cars in Kissimmee
Auction 4,000+ cars
"allegedly" are from Wed. to Sat. later this week,
as to your statement about soft prices
the 1st & 2nd day (last Fri. Sat.) was some decent buys, some bargains
not, the way overpriced, pie in the sky higher prices too

IMO auctions aren't the best, to base prices off/from either
maybe on the higher-end prices, than resale on the open market
with captured audiences there to buy & approved credit

there's lots of cars, asking prices
on the open market are higher than they should be,
why they haven't sold too

my $1.25
I was able to closely inspect all the Road Runners and GTXs that were sold at Mecum Harrisburg last summer. Most don't look nearly as good up close as they did in pictures. A decent V code GTX, which sold at what I considered a fair price, based on colors and condition, ended up with a dealer in my area, at a significant mark up. Two GTX convertibles I considered somewhat rough, were sold for 50% over Hagerty book. Truly amazing the difference between early in the week sales, and prime time. Many bargains early, grabbed up by dealers, inflated hyped prices in prime time, with deep pocket retail buyers.

Not like you need another opinion. I'd say $50-$60 and that's only because of the current state of this jacked up market. Over $60 and I'd run from it. I think your seller is too much in love with his car

Not like you need another opinion. I'd say $50-$60 and that's only because of the current state of this jacked up market. Over $60 and I'd run from it. I think your seller is too much in love with his car
I don’t think that it’s the fact that his in love with it. He knows exactly what he has and what it would take in todays market to restore one exactly like he has with all NOS and OEM parts, paint change or not. It’s one of those hard to find next level cars IMO and I definitely couldn’t give more than that for it no matter what. I think the market will come down but nothing like it ever use to be.

Been working 7 days a week and still ain’t had time to try and buy this Roadrunner. I just talked to the owner again yesterday and we’re close on closing the deal if I can just get off of work for a day. Just happened to look at the Hagerty values and look like RR values are climbing. Doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll stay there but a good sign.

F54DB880-08FF-450F-A190-CA114B054F48.png

The numbers you've been negotiating on this car seem consistent with the Hagerty pricing. My last four GTXs changed hands at pretty close to Hagerty book. The A33 car is currently on the market at higher than Hagerty book value price but hasn't sold. As I posted earlier, the auction prices seem inflated for the Plymouth B bodies I've inspected personally.

The numbers you've been negotiating on this car seem consistent with the Hagerty pricing. My last four GTXs changed hands at pretty close to Hagerty book. The A33 car is currently on the market at higher than Hagerty book value price but hasn't sold. As I posted earlier, the auction prices seem inflated for the Plymouth B bodies I've inspected personally.
Well this is a car that we’ll probably keep for a long time. Me personally I was wanting to do another Charger but I just don’t have the time to do another one and this car is half the money it seems what a super nice Charger RT is going for and plus my wife loves it. I’ll probably make it driver friendly for her so she can just hop in it anytime and go for a spin. I’ll add AC and maybe a sniper and a retro radio and whatever else she wants to do to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back