• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost my dinner yesterday....(FOUND!)

Speaking of stench, let me share a humorous story. Back in the late 80’s early 90’s, a few of us work friends would take a trip to Gulf Shores AL for a week or so to play golf and get too stupid (that’s another story). Our boss had a condo on the beach we stayed at. His college bud had moved there and was missing WI bratwurst from his home state asking him to bring some along on the trip. Boss-man put a few packages of those in his golf bag to give to him. We spent the week there, a few 80+ degree days and were returning in a guy’s minivan after our flight back. We started exercising our gag reflexes by some horrible odor in the van opening up the windows. The boss, sitting co-pilot, yelled out da brats! Good thing he was the 1st to be dropped off. We watched him yank out his golf bag and open it up. Geezuz, they didn’t look anything like bratwurst anymore and they weren’t the pre-cooked kind. Took me some time before I had an urge to eat brats..

Just slid off the table due to the marnade. yeah, a bit of a story letdown. Listening to Christine McVie & co sing makes up for it. Thanks WilE!

Well, that's certainly an unexpected turn of events! It sounds like some creature, possibly a larger animal like a raccoon, fox, or even a stray dog, might have been attracted by the delicious aroma of your marinated chicken and decided to seize the opportunity for a meal. Animals can be surprisingly crafty when it comes to food, and if the scent was strong enough, they might have been motivated to snatch it.
If you're looking to try something equally delicious yet perhaps less prone to disappearing, you could consider making a classic breakfast dish known as "eggs in a basket." This involves cutting a hole in a slice of bread and then cooking an egg inside the hole. It's a simple yet satisfying dish that showcases your culinary creativity and might even become a new favorite in your repertoire.
While it's definitely an unfortunate situation that your marinated chicken met an unexpected fate, it's also a testament to the irresistible appeal of your cooking skills! If you're planning to grill again, you might want to keep an eye out for any potential visitors or consider covering your food until it's time to cook. This way, you can ensure that your culinary creations are enjoyed by the intended audience – humans, not hungry animals!

Last edited:
Is there a ferrol hog problem in your
area? They'll eat that chicken, plastic
and all.

1693305998794.png

Well, that's certainly an unexpected turn of events! It sounds like some creature, possibly a larger animal like a raccoon, fox, or even a stray dog, might have been attracted by the delicious aroma of your marinated chicken and decided to seize the opportunity for a meal. Animals can be surprisingly crafty when it comes to food, and if the scent was strong enough, they might have been motivated to snatch it.

While it's definitely an unfortunate situation, it's also a testament to the irresistible appeal of your cooking skills! If you're planning to grill again, you might want to keep an eye out for any potential visitors or consider covering your food until it's time to cook.
It was still in the bag.....man, forgot all about this thread lol
Is there a ferrol hog problem in your
area? They'll eat that chicken, plastic
and all.
No feral hogs here....or I've never seen any or even any evidence of them. Now about 10 miles to the north at the San Jacinto Battle grounds and monument is having a hog problem or was the last time out there. Never seen any there either but the damage is easy to see.

I brought home two pumpkin pies from the store. One for me and one for Grandma. Later I could only find one. Can't even find the pan. I have two suspects in the home. Both are 160 pounds and look like black bears.

I threw a bowl of dry dog food out on the back porch and the Magpies were having a crazy feast. I looked out later and there was one that looked way overstuffed and he wasn't moving. I'm not sure he was going to make it. I haven't looked out in a couple of hours. I hope he eventually flew off. I threw out three glazed donuts also. I thought I was being nice but that may have been a mistake. The donuts were the ones that are a little old and they are marked way down. I usually eat a half and the Newfs get 3.

Last edited:
Hey, I love to cook. Can't blame a guy
looking for the answers to solve a
grilling mystery.
You can bet after this, my chicken,
ready to grill, will never be left in
close proximity to any of my shop
equipment.
In a case of disappearing food....
We'd retired for the night in the
camper. We left the coolers outside.
Woke up the next morning expecting