LS Swapped 69 Charger

Resto-Mods & Pro-Touring forum

1. BigCountryMopar

BigCountryMopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:32 AM

This fella in his Dakota put down over 400 hp and 771 lbft torque. Just like anything else, I’m sure it wasn’t cheap but it’s definitely cool.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • 66ChargerHI-PO

66ChargerHI-PO FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      9:32 AM
      First Hello and Welcome from Connecticut!.:welcome:. I personally and I think I speak for most folks here, when I say I do not like Chebby swaps into Mopars BUT I think you did a great job with the swap and I applaud your efforts because I most likely could not do it. And I am 2 years older than you. I think it's pretty damn cool, BUT not my cup of tea and in my opinion you should of painted the engine a Mopar color to make it look like a Mopar engine at first glance.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
      • Builderguy

Builderguy Builderguy FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Pritchert403,
        I applaud you young man. After reading the replies to your postings, almost all the 18 year old people I know would have tucked their tail between their legs and lit out of this forum, never to return. You Sir, posted back with replies that show you are much more mature than your digital age. I could post my opinion about your swap, but I am going to defer as it really doesn't matter all that much. You are building something that you saved the money to do, sooooo, Just Do It! Some will like it and some will not, that is just how things work out. I will be following your project and wish you the best of luck.
        Stay safe out there on the road.

• Agree Agree x 6
        • Like Like x 1
        • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
        • Thrashingcows

Thrashingcows Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          6:32 AM
          I think driveability is the new term for not knowing how to set up an old school motor, cam, timing, distributor, carb, ignition etc....much easier to have a computer monitor those things after the parameters have been set...turn key and go!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Thrashingcows

Thrashingcows Well-Known Member

Local Time:
            I applaud you for your efforts young man...the fact that you are hot rodding cars at your age is great to see. The purists will bash you, and although it might not be my first choice I would still go down the LS road if finances and circumstances dictated. ;)

To deflect some of the ire among the purists modify a 3G Hemi engine cover for your LS motor and then don't tell anyone it's a LS...most will just take it at face value and move on. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
            • 747mopar

747mopar FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
              You gotta admit that those fancy computers have opened a lot of doors though. Nowadays you have very drivable and reliable cars making 700+ horsepower, it's insane!

• Agree Agree x 3
              • 747mopar

Local Time:
                Yeah an LS in a Charger just doesn't sit well with me either but it's your ride, your money. I can definitely see the benefits and it looks like your doing some fine work so keep on plugging away and enjoy.

• Michael_

Michael_ FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
                3:32 PM
                Why cant you have drivable and reliable 700hp in an oldschool engine?

• Agree Agree x 1
                • 747mopar

Local Time:
                  Didn't say you couldn't? Having 700hp back when these cars were built meant changing gears and running a high stall converter.. not exactly drivable in my books. Nowadays with the precise control over fuel and ignition not only can you have it but also have it behave like a normal car. Having driven a Hellcat nobody will convince me that you can pull off that degree of power and drivability without the help of a computer.

• Agree Agree x 3
                  • chargervert

chargervert Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                    Another Charger ruined! There are plenty of cheap GM cars to put the belly button/ass crack engines in!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Photon440

Photon440 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
                      I don't think it's ruined. It's probably easier to unbolt the LS and put a 440 back in there than to put a roof back on.

• Agree Agree x 3
                      • chargervert

chargervert Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                        I don't need no stinkin roof! 8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
                        • INTMD8

INTMD8 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                          Lmao :D

• Agree Agree x 1
                          • MoparLeo

MoparLeo NRA BENEFACTOR LEVEL LIFE MEMBER FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
                            Blasphemy !!! Painting the engine compartment black just finishes the GM insult. Put LS motors in GM vehicles. Mopars are what make us unique. If you want to go modern go with a Gen III Mopar engine.... JMO Too bad...nice car

• Like Like x 2
                            • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                            • theman440

theman440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                              Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                              oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                              oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like Like x 3
                              • Agree Agree x 1
                              • MoparDanMan

MoparDanMan FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
                                A GM engine in a MOPAR and a Charger no less. Hmm. Not cool.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
                                • Agree Agree x 2
                                • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                                • Kern Dog

Kern Dog FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
                                  I would expect the same response on a Chevy forum to a Camaro guy slipping in a 440.

• Agree Agree x 2
                                  • Pritchert403

Pritchert403 Member

Local Time:
                                    Much cooler than the thousands of boring big block powered chargers

• Disagree Disagree x 7
                                    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
                                    • coronet68mx

coronet68mx FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
                                      :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
                                      • F4R/T

F4R/T Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                                        I guess you could look at it this way even though many won’t admit it how many top fuel cars have Chrysler alky Hemis under the tilt up lid or under that gm or ford body... I guess those are boring too? But seriously a charger with a big block boring... ?

• Agree Agree x 2
                                        1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                                          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.