• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lunati Cam/lifter went flat during break in

FWIW I have had great success with both Bullet and Howards F/T cams (Hughes cut by Howards) Seen enough failures from Comp/ Lunati to raise some serious concerns. Even mild Lunati 702, 703 or XE268,272 cams went bad. Was over at my buddy Nick's Dyno and saw the carnage 1st hand. The past few engines I did I had great results with both those cam grinders I mentioned above and Nick did as well. Excellent products. Just my 2 cents to help out our comunity

Last edited:
FWIW I have had great success with both Bullet and Howards F/T cams (Hughes cut by Howards) Seen enough failures from Comp/ Lunati to raise some serious concerns. Even mild Lunati 702, 703 or XE268,272 cams went bad. Was over at my buddy Nick's Dyno and saw the carnage 1st hand. The past few engines I did I had great results with both those cam grinders I mentioned above and Nick did as well. Excellent products. Just my 2 cents to help out our comunity
I had a Howards F/T cam with EDM lifters in my 493 for a few years and when I removed it to put a roller in it had a perfect wear pattern and the lifters looked good. I am a firm believer of the EDM lifters.
Gus

Auto Transport Service
Back