• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum Force front suspension & modern Hemi & transmission

The SEMA cars they did were supposed to be all bolt in with the only fab being the trans tunnel clearance.

I did an LS3 in a first gen Camaro and it was an absolute blast. Modern fuel injection and it was all new factory parts right down the harness and computer. The headers, oil pan and mounts were all from Holley. Even got away with no tunnel mods with T56. Gas Tanks.com has EFI tanks and fuel pumps, all very reasonable.

Seems the Mopar Performance offering is a about a decade behind GMPP. Glad to see they have it now, I would love to do a HellCrate too.

The guy at Gerst is a ticketed AWS welder.Every body is a welder untill it comes to do it.Notice on the MAGNUM FORCE stuff is thin tubing welded together with Fillets. Pipe Or tubing is strong in a Static load not dynamic loads, a rollcage is good once then it’s garbage.That front end is taking a beating all the time.The Gerst Suspension has less tubing and the cradle is stronger.Its the like stump pan on a dozer.It can take a beating. The guy at Gerst keeps the welders honest.Theres NDT NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING done and his guys have to qualify before they can weld for him.

If these knuckleheads can do it and make it look factory, how difficult can it really be?

From what you can briefly see, the floor doesn't look too modified.

^^^^ Bingo! I was going to point them out but figured I would have been flamed for mentioning GYC. Looks like all bolt together parts with possibility of trans tunnel modification only.

RC, I used an AlterKtion in my GTX with a 5.7. Ordered it with 5.7 motor mount placement. I bolted the engine to the AlterKtion, lowered the car on to it and bolted the unit into the stock k frame holes. Everything lined right up with ZERO modifications or adjustments. I have tortured that unit on many winding twisting roads as well as a 2 1/2 mile road course at Willow Springs in So Cal with absolutely ZERO issues. 12000 miles on it now. awesome product and I loved how easy it is to dial in to what was finally to my liking in terms of ride ht , ride comfort, and handling based on my preference.

Motor install 011.jpg IMG_1345.jpg IMG_1363.jpg

Looks good! What transmission are you running & what needed to be done to the tunnel?

No experience with Magnum Force. In my neighborhood though. Guy with long hair has rock star status in Vegas etc. Contacted them by phone and tried to get on their calendar. Once determined that I am the lesser among us, it was about a year before they could even talk with me. Daily driver not their wheelhouse.

I have the NAG1 from an 07 Charger in there. I raised the tunnel appx5/8". If I had it to do over I would have cut both ends and the driver side and hinged it up so to speak then weld in a filler strip. I did that all the way around and while nice, didn't really need to do that much work to have it all fit well. You can see how we treated the cross member. there w2as some fab work req. for the transmission mount. Awesome set up in that car. has an 8 3/4 rear with 2:76 gear. 2000RPM@70MPH. It just wants to be at 80 on the hi way and that gets me 20mpg. Probably would get 22-24 if I could hold 65! The 4 link from RMS completes the suspension. Awesome cruiser, my idea of what "Pro Touring" is.

My suggestion is to just look at the front end kits, you can tell which ones look week. I do not like the looks of any of the full tubular ones and I would never buy a front end that uses those open heim links. I want to see real sealed and greasable ball joints and honest to goodness tie rod ends along with bushings on the arms. So far the toughest looking kit I've seen is the Magnum Force Transformer but like the looks of the RMS stuff too.

Seeing those pictures of the Magnum Force front ends would really make me steer clear of that unit but their Transformer front end is much more rigid in comparison. I actually got to help a buddy bolt one together, nice looking piece.

Let me clear the air....
I am not against new things if they come with few drawbacks and actually have features that exceed the OEM design in both function and durability. In many cases, people that swap in the new generation HEMI engines go with these aftermarket setups and for good reason. The 3G HEMI is not an easy fit with a traditional K member in all chassis. If/when these coil-over setups are installed into a car along with adequate frame reinforcements, the risk of twisting the unibody is greatly reduced. As I understand it, the RMS products do NOT use the stock shock mounts to support the car, they integrate the upper mount into the crossmember. This is far better than other designs in my opinion. The upper shock mounts on every early Mopar I've seen are not very thick...because they were only designed to support shocks that dampened suspension movement, not springs that supported the car. Magnum Farce products (The ones that I have seen personally)
use the shock mount for the coil-over attachment. They also include weld-in bars that are supposed to run from the firewall to the frame rail just inside the core support. In the middle, another bracket is welded to the body where the shock mount is located. THIS is their reinforcement method. Consider this: It is completely dependent on the skills of the guy welding the bars in! Also, welding to the frame rails is fine, but what about the thin metal stamping at the firewall? Wouldn't you expect that to flex and buckle over time? Add to this the obstructions that these bars incur....Who already thinks our engine bays are crowded enough?

Let me clear the air....
I am not against new things if they come with few drawbacks and actually have features that exceed the OEM design in both function and durability. In many cases, people that swap in the new generation HEMI engines go with these aftermarket setups and for good reason. The 3G HEMI is not an easy fit with a traditional K member in all chassis. If/when these coil-over setups are installed into a car along with adequate frame reinforcements, the risk of twisting the unibody is greatly reduced. As I understand it, the RMS products do NOT use the stock shock mounts to support the car, they integrate the upper mount into the crossmember. This is far better than other designs in my opinion. The upper shock mounts on every early Mopar I've seen are not very thick...because they were only designed to support shocks that dampened suspension movement, not springs that supported the car. Magnum Farce products (The ones that I have seen personally)
use the shock mount for the coil-over attachment. They also include weld-in bars that are supposed to run from the firewall to the frame rail just inside the core support. In the middle, another bracket is welded to the body where the shock mount is located. THIS is their reinforcement method. Consider this: It is completely dependent on the skills of the guy welding the bars in! Also, welding to the frame rails is fine, but what about the thin metal stamping at the firewall? Wouldn't you expect that to flex and buckle over time? Add to this the obstructions that these bars incur....Who already thinks our engine bays are crowded enough?
We are very like minded on this matter, you pretty well summed up why I still have the OEM setup just modified. I really think the Transformer kit comes closest to being what I'd want it just needs additional support at the firewall.

I went with the RMS under the front of my car after reading about all of the horror stories & seeing all of the defective pictures about the Magnum Force. Everything was all bolt in & fit perfectly. No complaints about the RMS from me. Mine is for a 2ND Gen Hemi though & not a 3RD Gen.

20150919_143941.jpg 20150920_190417.jpg 20150922_184259 (002).jpg 20150922_195302 (002).jpg

I went with the RMS under the front of my car after reading about all of the horror stories & seeing all of the defective pictures about the Magnum Force. Everything was all bolt in & fit perfectly. No complaints about the RMS from me. Mine is for a 2ND Gen Hemi though & not a 3RD Gen.

View attachment 573458 View attachment 573460 View attachment 573461 View attachment 573462
See I don't even like that bottom A Arm mount lol... dang thing should have an ear on both sides of the lower control arm bushings? Only having an attachment on one side of the bushing means the A Arm itself and the bolt have to resist deflection meaning way more stress on those parts? I'm all for modernizing but simple things like that bother me.

70 SuperBee tired of it. Want to go with 6.4 Hemi and the new AT. Why do I need a new front end

Handling! If you are tired of the carbon engine change is only going to effect the power. You are going to want better control with that new engine, unless all you are doing is running 1/4 mile. Just my opinion.

Handling! If you are tired of the carbon engine change is only going to effect the power. You are going to want better control with that new engine, unless all you are doing is running 1/4 mile. Just my opinion.

Ohhhhhhh! Now we're making sense. I don't have PS. Can I get that with the front end?

Ohhhhhhh! Now we're making sense. I don't have PS. Can I get that with the front end?

Absolutely you will have power steering with the rack and pinion. Not sure via Bill at RMS even offers it without power.

Auto Transport Service
Back