• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maguires # 7 and #26 wax results

pjm8047

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a pic of my original paint 71 rr that i polished with Maguires number seven and Maguires number 26 wax. They both work great. trying to keep my original paint as long as possible. Highly recommend products for old single stage paints.

191118A7-DD3C-4E25-9FAB-ABA7BFE336EA.jpeg

Don’t paint it original paint is awesome!!!! It’s only original once…

How long did it take you?? I need to do that to my 96 Dakota but I'm afraid if I make it look too good, someone will help themselves to it....

I always liked Maguires products. The only one I didn't like was their "Hand Polish". Has a green tint to it. It looks good when you're done with it but the oil that's in it will dry out over time and you're right back to a dull finish.

I like to finish with the "Cleaner Wax". It doesn't have a heavy build up and won't collect dirt as much. Easy to remove and apply a fresh coat.

A little trick is to do your polishing under florescent lights. They show everything. Get it looking good under this lighting and it will look perfect outside.

How long did it take you?? I need to do that to my 96 Dakota but I'm afraid if I make it look too good, someone will help themselves to it....
About 3 days. Took my time . Watch this video

Don’t paint it original paint is awesome!!!! It’s only original once…
Ill do my best to keep it as original as possible. Trying to pervert the paint drying up and coming off got some small spots that are chipping away over time.

The Glaze is the part that a lot of guys forget, it's also what really makes it pop.

Auto Transport Service
Back