• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Makin Bacon

MoparMitch

Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
Deer Bacon is what we call it around here. With most of the deer I harvest, the tenderloins get cut out, and the rest of the deer is ground. The little wife uses some of the ground once in a while to add in meat loaf, meat balls, lasagna and the like. But the bulk of it goes into making my Special recipe, Deer Bacon. I do use a commonly available spice and cure. But the additives I use are a closely guarded secret. 5lbs of Deer Meat yields around 3lbs of finished product. I give it all away to friends and family, and always have a fresh freezer bag of it out in the shop for my car buddies that come by. Real good with COLD beer. Also a pic of the latest Victim.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 361
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 379
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 350
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 352
Deer Bacon is what we call it around here. With most of the deer I harvest, the tenderloins get cut out, and the rest of the deer is ground. The little wife uses some of the ground once in a while to add in meat loaf, meat balls, lasagna and the like. But the bulk of it goes into making my Special recipe, Deer Bacon. I do use a commonly available spice and cure. But the additives I use are a closely guarded secret. 5lbs of Deer Meat yields around 3lbs of finished product. I give it all away to friends and family, and always have a fresh freezer bag of it out in the shop for my car buddies that come by. Real good with COLD beer. Also a pic of the latest Victim.

Looks good! And I think I saw that buck on my way into work this morning around 5:10am. He was standing just off the eastbound side of Route 32 in West Friendship, about 100 yards past the Frederick Road intersection. :)

Kinda sad how the E-bodies had so much popularity and now they seem to be playing second fiddle to A and B bodies

MORE B&A BODIES MADE THEN E-BODIES THUS MORE STILL AROUND !:imho: O AND NICE BUCK FOR YOUR PART OF THE COUNTRY !!!:headbang:

oh dang, that doodie in the pool video is too funny. I have never seen that before but I need to remember that for next summer when my family has the pool going LOL

We call it deer jerky here. looks the same as beef jerky, not bacon. It really doesn't matter what you call it is some good sh@#t!

Deer jerkon? Whatever it is, looks like it goes good with beer!

We call it deer jerky here. looks the same as beef jerky, not bacon. It really doesn't matter what you call it is some good sh@#t!

I call it Deer Bacon, cause everyone else calls it Jerky. That's also why I drive a Mopar. Don't want to be the same as everyone else. :icon_cool::icon_cool:

I call it Deer Bacon, cause everyone else calls it Jerky. That's also why I drive a Mopar. Don't want to be the same as everyone else. :icon_cool::icon_cool:

Looks pretty good, what ever it's called...
well maybe not to that deer...LOL

That's the way to save big money as well. I'm having mine processed and it will be about 260 to 300 bucks, get it???

Hey chicken, it is 95 for a regular cut, and then it starts adding up for the summer sausage, deer sticks with cheese and halipio" jerky, then steaks, and the rest in burger mixed with pork trim. etc. Ya it's terrible, but I do love what they make. Deer hunting is not a cheat adventure, no matter how you look at it.

Auto Transport Service
Back