• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making Cup Holders that mount to a bench seat?! Just hold it between your knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entertaining read, lol. Got me wondering if this will interfere with 2nd and 4th gears on my bench seat 4 spd!
No idea bc mines an automatic. But I’m sure 1st and 3rd would be good enough.

Wow! Very nice!! I ended up going with this because anything else would interfere with the shifter…
9B601F76-69C8-426B-B13C-D546C8D8AC93.jpeg

Wow! Very nice!! I ended up going with this because anything else would interfere with the shifter…View attachment 1409205
I thought about that, but I've got the car torn apart and waiting on a transmission. I've rewired the dash for a Dakota Digital Display and have about another week of 'waiting'. Had all my tools laying everywhere and thought I'd give it a whirl. When I have the bench back in ... I'll measure how much space it takes up for the 'real shifters' out there. :)

Yes.... cup holders. The nitrous infused 426 Hemi gem that screams, "I'M A MAN!!!! But could you hold this for me?"

I've looked through the Forum and searched on different ways to put cupholders in my mopar. Well, here's one more spin. I have a 68 Plymouth Satellite with a split front bench seat. I wanted a cupholder that wouldn't stand out too much, get in the way, and could be removed easily if it turned out stupid. I considered the famous 1990s hump-style plastic Walmart version, but it looks cheap and I didn't want to screw it to the floor. I also want to make a center console someday but am working on some electronics inside the dash first. So here's what I decided on from Amazon.
View attachment 1406431View attachment 1406432

I choose the metal version because I thought they'd last longer and kinda matched my airplane style seat belt buckles when closed. Yes.....they close up when not in use.

Here's a teaser pic to see if you want to keep scrolling.
View attachment 1406435
Interested? Keep going. Not for you .... move along. But I did try to kill myself with a cheapo Harbor Freight bending metal brake.... so that maybe worth the read.

And the finale! Two front bench semi-adjustable cup holders when closed.
View attachment 1406493

And when holding my ozark coffee cup and a regular bottle of water.
View attachment 1406494

When I sit in the drivers seat it is close to my calf, but that's only if I pull my heels way back. Normally I drive with my knees extended to touch the pedal and I don't think it'll be in the way then. And yes....I'm sure my Amazon cup holders will fall apart and I'll be working out something else later or buying some more. But for now, I'm happy. I'll post again when I get the bench back in the car.

Thanks for your time and any laughs you had at my expense. Now bring on the trolls!!!
That's pretty cool, I was faced with a similar dilemma as I needed to hide the 3 1/2 in. dog leg from the Tremec that brings the shift lever into correct position. Thought cup holders and a USB port would be nice. After a couple of failed ideas, this is what I came up with. It's not mounted to the floor and comes completely out if need be.

20220729_131524_02[1].jpg

Like I’ve read on here before, my cupholder sits next to me wearing a tank top and a micro mini skirt.

Damn, I was expecting an immediate comeback from Mopar Hunter.... Now I'm not sure if I should feel bad for ribbing him? Or concerned cause he's being quiet....... :lol:

That's pretty cool, I was faced with a similar dilemma as I needed to hide the 3 1/2 in. dog leg from the Tremec that brings the shift lever into correct position. Thought cup holders and a USB port would be nice. After a couple of failed ideas, this is what I came up with. It's not mounted to the floor and comes completely out if need be.

View attachment 1409348
Nice!! Did you make that whole thing yourself? If yes... what did you use for 'fabric'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back