• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

man killed unloading his charger

That story is sooooooo vague and hokey it's pathetic.
Which way is the incline, forward or aft?
What failure did the owner do to cause it to roll?
Why did'nt the door push him out of the way upon opening it?
I call B.S.

I'm guessing the door knocked him down, then the car rolled on top of him.

Sounds to me like he's loaded and unloaded enough cars to know how to do it right. I doubt this actually happened, but if I'm wrong, prayers to family like you said.

You live by the mopar, you die by the mopar.

Unfortunately, it appears true. I talked to a buddy who lives in the area, says he read about it in the local news.

i went to the place he worked page on facebook, unfortunately it happened. on fb it told what his girlfriends name was.

this is really unfortunate.
could a car actually kill you by running you over, or did one of the wheels come to rest on his chest?

Enclosed trailer , ramp door , car comes loose in neutral (pulled in w/winch and drops hook when rear tie downs relax) , Park on uphill to ease unloading (down winching) , Car against ramp door , release door and realize you F'ed up and try to push door closed to keep car from getting away , Loose Battle. God we've all been close.....

RIP
Charger guy, 30 is way to young to die...

R.I.P. the poor guy. That just sucks. Peace and sympathy to the loved ones.

There's a lesson here for all us that work around cars and heavy equipment. It's so easy to take for granted actions we've done a Hundred times and one slip, one lapse of judgement, one split second and it could be all over.
I shutter when I look back at all the close calls I've had and most were my own stupidity and getting in a hurry. I feel terrible for his family.

So sad to hear about this accident, I think all of us have taken risk like this but got lucky. Too bad no one was there to help him unload the car.

There's a lesson here for all us that work around cars and heavy equipment. It's so easy to take for granted actions we've done a Hundred times and one slip, one lapse of judgement, one split second and it could be all over.
I shutter when I look back at all the close calls I've had and most were my own stupidity and getting in a hurry. I feel terrible for his family.
You could not have said it better.

There is always an unfortunate chain of events that precedes these tragic accidents/incidents. I always instill safety in my son. Just hope it sinks in. Today I was parked in a spot at Publix. My Tundra has a receiver with a ball hitch. I had just walked around my truck and got in and closed the door. This idiot in a Ford focus was turning and hit the trailer hitch. Not paying attention to what the F**k he was doing. Ripped the bumper on drivers side of his car to the fender and tire. If I would have been 4 seconds slower I would have been crushed. All because an Asshole wasn't paying attention.

Auto Transport Service
Back