• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifold Question: What will I lose?

Gasket leaks. Also, I've never seen a burnt out manifold, but have seen many headers with holes in them
The gaskets don't leak if the header is flat. How many run a flat file over the gasket surface before install? Never had a pair that were perfect. Actually a flat file manifolds as well. Guess what? No gasket failures. To the oringinal poster. Trim the steering column tube close to the fire wall for extra clearance.
Doug

Steering column modification

All my headers are either independent tubes (super comp hooker adjustables) or have the flanges sawed in between the tubes (custom built for the application).
No leaks.

Swap the logs side to side, run the exhaust out the front, into a pair of turbos.
My response was somewhat facetious, but I HAVE seen the logs reversed , with the exhaust exiting the engine compartment thru the k-member on a big block swapped early narrow body A.

B Body HP manifolds work great. Just trim the outer column back and cut an access hole for #6 plug. This is a 440 using Schumacher mounts.

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00414_zpsmztdnnul.jpg

DSC00415_zpsm9zcrvg4.jpg

DSC00416.JPG

You will give up a lot of torque with manifolds. Engines masters did a test and the biggest gains you see with headers are on the bottom end.

Swap the logs side to side, run the exhaust out the front, into a pair of turbos.
Beat me to the punch, I been reading replies and when I got done that was gonna be my suggestion...

Last edited:
you should see around a 20hp drop nicks garage has done a couple dyno tests back to back and HP and TQ are usually around there. Unless your racing you will never notice a difference I'm not a fan of b or rb headers they always have a tube running across the last couple spark plugs making them a bitch to change

I'm going to stick a Lo-Deck in an A-Body.
That's why I picked up a set that had both a C-Body and B-Body HP manifold, at Indy.

Thanks guys, so from what I have read, looks like I can use the C-Body or B-Body HP manifolds will a little tweaking.

Auto Transport Service
Back