• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What throttle linkage?

unclepunchy

Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a 73 Duster, 4 speed I just slammed a 383 in. All I have is the throttle cable poking out the firewall. I need to know what bracketry/kit I would need to purchase?
Running a stock 4bbl manifold and a Edelbrock AVS, 650 CFM. Cheers.

20230728_141237.jpg

20230728_141253.jpg

Hi Folks,

I have a 73 Duster, 4 speed I just slammed a 383 in. All I have is the throttle cable poking out the firewall. I need to know what bracketry/kit I would need to purchase?
Running a stock 4bbl manifold and a Edelbrock AVS, 650 CFM. Cheers.

View attachment 1501230

View attachment 1501231
WHY not use the origional carb (Carter AVS) that came with the engine origionally .. ..then everything fits and functions as b4?.....from the choke to the throttle cable and kick down linkage.....just a thought......
BOB RENTON

Every manifold change I do on my A body BB takes a different bracket. I start with an original cable clamp/hold down and make my own. Function over form, I guess.

You'll need a throttle cable bracket, the stud and Edelbrock adapter that turbine68rt linked to, a throttle return spring and a return spring bracket if you don't already have one. This is set up for a 727 so it has KD linkage, but the rest of it is more or less the same.

023-dodge-magnum-engine-throttle-return-spring.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back