• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Methenol injection?

It looks good, I'm curious to see what it does... I would, "Do some base line runs with out it", before activating it the 1st time, so you have something to actually compare it with... Good luck, I feel for you, I hate to wait for stuff myself, were having allot of spring rain now here lately, we had snow earlier in the month, weird winter & spring this year for Calif...

Looks good. Like Budnick said do base runs then turn on the meth. Then if you want to try it, get used to the mix water and meth then try straight meth, it will give you more of a kick. Its a good thing you bought a wideband always a good thing to keep and eye on.

I ran this set up on my supercharged golf a few years ago. was a good bang for the buck set-up and it allowed me to run a couple more pounds of boost. I eventually ended up getting rid of it though when I turbo'd my car and fixed all my knock problems with a big front mount intercooler.

Sorry, I don't know your set-up but how do you plan to quantify your results? Do you have knock detection on your car so you know if your spraying enough water/meth? When I was setting up my car I would data log the knock sensor data and timing pull. I would change the nozzle sizes, adjust boost, and advance timing till I didn't have any knock.

Your not running boost so you will be able to adjust timing, nozzel size, and when it comes on and how ard it comes on, but I was just curious what your tuning method will be?

When I get to the point of buying a similar system,I will have an ait temp gauge for iside the intake :icon_clown:

I ran this set up on my supercharged golf a few years ago. was a good bang for the buck set-up and it allowed me to run a couple more pounds of boost. I eventually ended up getting rid of it though when I turbo'd my car and fixed all my knock problems with a big front mount intercooler.

Sorry, I don't know your set-up but how do you plan to quantify your results? Do you have knock detection on your car so you know if your spraying enough water/meth? When I was setting up my car I would data log the knock sensor data and timing pull. I would change the nozzle sizes, adjust boost, and advance timing till I didn't have any knock.

Your not running boost so you will be able to adjust timing, nozzel size, and when it comes on and how ard it comes on, but I was just curious what your tuning method will be?

I mainly bought this set up so I could run 91 octane fuel.No more c-12.They say with the 50/50 mix of water and meth she boosts the octane to 116.I know I will have to advance my timing a little bit, so she is going to be test tune till I 'm happy with her.Also there claim to fame is a there will be a 30 hp gain.So that is pretty cheap horse power.So If I get the 30 hp,knock on wood,that will give me 723 hp.I'll keep in touch let you know how everthing goes.

I mainly bought this set up so I could run 91 octane fuel.No more c-12.They say with the 50/50 mix of water and meth she boosts the octane to 116.I know I will have to advance my timing a little bit, so she is going to be test tune till I 'm happy with her.Also there claim to fame is a there will be a 30 hp gain.So that is pretty cheap horse power.So If I get the 30 hp,knock on wood,that will give me 723 hp.I'll keep in touch let you know how everthing goes.

Keep us posted and good luck with your tuning efforts!

I remembered when I talked to NX express they have meth inj. If you want 100hp gain they said to run a 52 size jet.

I remembered when I talked to NX express they have meth inj. If you want 100hp gain they said to run a 52 size jet.

Right now I am 80 square in my 950 holley here in Prince George. that was with c-12.Elevation at 2,267 feet.I'm thinking 52 might be a little small.I'm thinking she would richen me up too much.I'm going to do one run at a time and watch my air fuel ratio gauge.

Right now I am 80 square in my 950 holley here in Prince George. that was with c-12.Elevation at 2,267 feet.I'm thinking 52 might be a little small.I'm thinking she would richen me up too much.I'm going to do one run at a time and watch my air fuel ratio gauge.

Holy cow, wonder how much gain your getting, have to done a run without then with yet? Or still tuning? Just be careful when I had meth on my srt4 neon and was tuned forgot to look at my resiviour and melted 2 pistons. But don't you have the safety switch?

Holy cow, wonder how much gain your getting, have to done a run without then with yet? Or still tuning? Just be careful when I had meth on my srt4 neon and was tuned forgot to look at my resiviour and melted 2 pistons. But don't you have the safety switch?

Yea there is a low level switch in the resiovor,But every run I open up my hood and give everthing a check anyways.I haven't done any testing yet.I'm still waiting for the track to open

I run the stage 2 snow meth injection on my engine...mine is boost referenced & I have mine set to start injecting @5 psi & all in by 15 psi..and it works awesome... you can use either winsdshield washer fluid (like said earlier) or boost juice..I even heard about people using straight methanol....i'd like to try that RC nitro fuel (for remote controlled. Nitro cars) & meth mix here on my next fill up...my snow kit came with a digital controler & anti siphon solenoid + 3 different jets for hp level....enjoy

I ran the straight meth. Felt like it pulled harder with it like secondaries on a carb kicking in on my SRT4. But the straight meth isn't for everyone some like the cooling of the water to help with exhaust temps but I didn't have a gauge for it and never noticed it getting hotter then normal. Nothing against snow they have great products intact the one on my SRT had the snow pump. But I have talked to AIS to Rodney and they can customize a set up for your application and comes with everything you need. They are who I'll be using when I build my twin turbo motor.

I ran the straight meth. Felt like it pulled harder with it like secondaries on a carb kicking in on my SRT4. But the straight meth isn't for everyone some like the cooling of the water to help with exhaust temps but I didn't have a gauge for it and never noticed it getting hotter then normal. Nothing against snow they have great products intact the one on my SRT had the snow pump. But I have talked to AIS to Rodney and they can customize a set up for your application and comes with everything you need. They are who I'll be using when I build my twin turbo motor.

I'd be a liitle leary running straight meth in my application.I run the boost juice all season and was happy with her.A little dissalussioned on the hp gain,but all and all pretty impressed.I run with 94 octane all season and I stayed in the mid tens all season.My mph stayed the same as well.

Sweet. Like I said some do it some don't. Ill be playing with both the 50/50 and straight just to see if it really makes a differences.

hey guys, the super charger store says to use it, also the 50/50 windshield washer will work if you run a super charger with higher compression. brittish used it in ww2 to solve the heat and the misfires due to crap fuel for the fighter planes. on the super charger its mainly to keep the heat and pressure down. will it work for crap oxiginated gas?

From what I understand of it...as it starts injecting its suppose to keep engine frome detonation & you're able to run a bit more timing & cools the incomming charge down. I believe I read on yellow bullet a great deal on it...there is a snow perf dealer on there who was answering everything so ya may wanna check it out..I know it works really well with forced induction engines & so-so on N/A engines (higher comp.= better it works) for what I paid for my kit from summit...its cheap insurance against breaking pistons & killing ring lands...things goto hell in a hurry with a boosted engine I found out...but once bitten by a 8/71 performance barb....you'll never go back to N/A engines...

True but if you tune any engine to the meth and you run out you'll still take pistons out. When I do mine I'm gonna have one with a sending unit so I know for sure how much is in there. Just need to find a 5-8 gal fuel cell with one.

meth works for sure but you build your compression to the fuel your going to use if your smart. Meth is a bandaid and safety measure but a lot of peopole use it as an enabler now and its a risk. Solenoids dont always work and the more points of failure you have the less reliable a system is.

few guys on teh corvette forum used it on a n/a motor and it does help there as well but again its a gimic if you ask me. I can make just as much power safley with proper compression and tuning. Problem is most guys run to much compression with boost to begin with. Poof goes engine when conditions arent perfect

Auto Transport Service
Back