• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Methenol injection?

cam383

Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
What's your thoughts on a methenol injection from snow performance.

I'm thinking of purchasing this unit.I read a little bit on her on line and she says she boosts up 94 octane fuel to 113,I can advance my timing,and the engine runs 100 degrees cooler running a 50/50 mix with water.

I don't use it, never needed it, but your supposed to be able to just use a pre-mixed Alcohol based window washer fluid also, I guess it's supposed to be a cheaper alternative...

Alot of guys running high boost pump gas motors run it with a great deal of success.Cylinder temps drop very well,increased detonation resistance,and it does help with decarboning the chambers and pistons.I haven't seen anyone use it to help with high compression.Yes,some guys run straight washer fluid.

I"m trying to get away with running c-12 race fuel and run 94 octane pump fuel

The guys that run turbos on the street set it up on a switch according to boost.You will have to set it up on a trigger switch like a throttle activated nitrous switch.Its possible as anything with lots of trial and error.I think you may even have to put the injection system under the carb.Not sure how the injection would affect carb signal on a n/a motor?

The guys that run turbos on the street set it up on a switch according to boost.You will have to set it up on a trigger switch like a throttle activated nitrous switch.Its possible as anything with lots of trial and error.I think you may even have to put the injection system under the carb.Not sure how the injection would affect carb signal on a n/a motor?

The way I read her is that she a base plate,2 injectors,pump,and resoiver and she runs with vacum and rpm You set the electronics to 4500rpm and she starts injecting and when you back off on the fuel she quits.

That sounds like a winner if your distibutor isn't all in before that.I would slow down the curve on the distibutor even if the load may be at minimum.Detonation on big block mopars tend to crack things up a bit!!!!!

Well guys,I bought her

I did her guys.I purchased the methenol injection system for my Christmas gift to myself.I'm going to install her over the holidays.:icon_biggrin:

Cool beans! Let us know how it goes. I use it to soak a couple of charcoal briquettes for lighting up my grille. Works VERY well! :D
MVC-046S.jpg

MVC-047S.jpg

Good luck

I did her guys.I purchased the methenol injection system for my Christmas gift to myself.I'm going to install her over the holidays.:icon_biggrin:

Great gift you got what you wanted, instead of socks or something...LOL... Good luck, hope it helps... Have A Very Merry Christmas & A Very Happy New Year

Meth is fun to drive with, had it on my srt4 yea its turbo but still you can feel when it kicks in. If you really want to have fun run straight meth some time and really feel a pick up, all I ran on my srt was straight meth, was planning on putting it on my 440 once I get it up and still run 110 race fuel. I talked to NX and they said for a 100hp gain run a 52 size jet. I already have the 150psi pump just need the spacer and jet.

I really glad you got what you wanted!Can't wait to hear some good news!

Guy on Moparts runs some on his 11 second Charger. I really dont know how much it helps him. Ron

If your serious about running meth go to alcohol injection systems and contact rodney, I've talked to him about my set up ill be running, he knows his stuff and can hook you up with a good kit.

ive run the snow systems on several of the hemi builds we have done.
you can also run some model airplane fuels. some of those are spiked with nitro..lol

steve

Having talked to the guys at Snow(I lived a few miles away in Colorado Springs) and also talking to several Cummins owners it's a great way to go. One note...find washer fluid with the highest concentration of alcohol...I think the stuff that's rated for -32 degrees.

Well I've finally finished.I've installed the methonal injection system.Took me long enough but she is done.Track isn't even open yet in this north country.There figurein end of may.Sooooooooo Just sit and hurry up and wait.Wish me luck guys and I'll let you know How I do in June.

pic's of methanol injection

Start you off with the 3 qt reservior which I mounted on the left hand side of my rad support

methanolinjection001.jpg

Then gravity fed to 150 PSI pump
methanolinjection002.jpg

Then run tubing to the anti syphening solinode

methanolinjection003.jpg

then ran the tubing to the carguretor plate

methanolinjection008.gif
IMG]

methanolinjection005.jpg

I mounted the mcvc controller kick panel drivers side
methanolinjection007.jpg

I also installed air fuel ratio gauge

methanolinjection009.jpg

The little green lite above the gauge is to let me know when starts spraying

So I had some time left before the track opens so I adjustefd my valves

methanolinjection010.jpg

methanolinjection011.jpg

So I set my controler to start at 4 inches of vacum so my pump will operate 10% and set minimum rpm at 4000 to avoid any bogging and finish off at 0 vacum to get 100% injection pressure. I hope makes sense to guys.Cause I have to wait a whole month to do my first run.

Auto Transport Service
Back