• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mice!!

olddog67

Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
I just uncovered my Charger to get ready for her debut this weekend and looked in the back seat and the mice ate a box of Kleenex that was in there. I had about 50 Bounce laundry sheets in there so obviously they don't work. Now to find the damage they've done...
The car sits in my shop and Im in there pretty well every day all winter, never noticed any signs of mice in there but guess I missed the signs!
What do you guys use to keep the rodents out?

a garage cat may help

{disclosure I'm not really a cat guy}

bait/poison they eat it shrivel up & die
traps/baited with peanut butter,
good ol' Mouse traps, they get their necks snapped

bucket-trap.jpg

LISTEN to Sonny!...don't make a little home (tent) for the bastards! with a cover...I do not ever cover my cars!....I learned my lesson.

I have a moisture barrier, box fans, ceiling fans, dehumidifiers, & talc...mice HATE Talc!...they do not want to get there little noses in it nor their feet...they hate the scent!.....
it works = no rodents..
:drinks:

Pure peppermint oil (you can buy it online) soak cotton balls in it and place them in a open cup, works. Mice can't stand the smell.

I use those sticky paper board and place them around the inside paremiter of my shop. Try to set them where the have no choice but to go over them. Behind shelving or tool boxes.
If you catch any bugs or lizards leave them on there. Have grabbed several mice while trying to eat from the boards.

I
I like that. Is that homemade ? What is the roller from ?
That's not my pic it's just an example
I usually use a wire coat hanger and run it through a coke can as a roller
If you don't want to kill them a bottle trap works really well also. Or a bowl of peanut oil

It's a bit late for it now but if you ever have your front fenders off put screens over the cowl drains. While restoring mine I looked for areas that would allow them to get inside, that's all I could find and have never had a mouse in mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back