• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini-Starter B block headers touching

Was the Powermaster you used a 9523? When I called RobbMc they did tell me that they are now making a Generation II starter which has a bump sticking out on the header side. My Gen I RobbMc fit with a little side clearance however hard to tell how much as the previous owner wrapped the TTI tube running past it, the previous owner also had to dimple the tube behind the starter about 3/8 on an inch.
Previously I used a Chrysler mini starter 3005984. The RobbMC starter was part number 3005 I think

question for guys running a 440.......is this also an issue for the RB headers?..... thinking the raised block pushes the header outward a bit
Fred's 440 with the same coated big tube, cheap-assed old Hedmans and a 4-speed only had one issue with fitment
from the get-go - and it wasn't that much a big deal, as he was bought a dozen years ago with them already on the
engine that was in him at the time.
The one tube was tight against the Dakota starter, but nothing leaked....and everything worked.
Judicious use of a 5 pounder gained the desired 1" air gap between tube and starter and that reman starter has
put up with all the abuse I've mustered (3rd engine now BTW) for the last dozen years.

Auto Transport Service
Back