• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mod man intake

moparbob75

Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
has anybody used the mod man intake from indy? kind of curious if they are streetable or just for racing?

i think they would be poor carburated street intakes. they remind me of the old cast iron dual quad intakes with the plenum opened up. i think they would be good blower intakes with the correct top.

It's a neat concept but, to me it looks like an expensive ($500!) single plane. Mopar Muscle has a test in the latest issue but they only swapped tops, I'd like to see how it does agains other manifolds like the Edelbrock Performers.

It's a neat concept but, to me it looks like an expensive ($500!) single plane. Mopar Muscle has a test in the latest issue but they only swapped tops, I'd like to see how it does agains other manifolds like the Edelbrock Performers.
for multi-carb an edelbrock ch28 would be a much friendlier street intake. the large plenum and short runners of a mod manifold would be high rpm territory. might work good on a big n/ss engine with big carbs.

yea kind of what i was thinkin i was interested in the six pack set up

I am considering a supercharger for a MPFI 360. I am thinking a mod man might be the way to go, but I don't know what superchargers will fit it. I don't want a blower sticking up though the hood. I'd like to run Kenne Bell or Whipple twin screw SC. It needs to be low profile and I don't really want to run a centrifugal SC. Can anyone tell me if the mod man will accept a twin screw supercharger? Thanks in advance for the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back