• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Bullitt build

I bent the right front brake line to run along the seambetween the firewall and floor. This is much cleaner than the original run inthe middle of the firewall.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_8091_zpskjv7xx8y.jpg

IMG_8101_zpsbzvd4zul.jpg

Pat,

As always, your work is absolutely top notch - love checking out this thread!

Could heat be an issue for the brake line there? It will be closer to the trans in that location. It might be fine but I am just wondering...

Not picking, mind you - I wish my car was half as nice! (smile)

Hawk

Pat,

As always, your work is absolutely top notch - love checking out this thread!

Could heat be an issue for the brake line there? It will be closer to the trans in that location. It might be fine but I am just wondering...

Not picking, mind you - I wish my car was half as nice! (smile)

Hawk

Hawk,
I'm not sure that it's going to be any cooler in this new location but I can't see that it would be 50° hotter compared to the original location across the firewall. I suppose I could test when it gets on the road and compare the temperature of the brake caliper on the driver side to the passenger side. I would be surprised if there was much more than a few degree difference in temperature.
Thank you!
Pat

Hawk,
I'm not sure that it's going to be any cooler in this new location but I can't see that it would be 50° hotter compared to the original location across the firewall. I suppose I could test when it gets on the road and compare the temperature of the brake caliper on the driver side to the passenger side. I would be surprised if there was much more than a few degree difference in temperature.
Thank you!
Pat

The heat will not travel to the caliper the only thing to be concerned about is initial bleed to get all the air from high part
looks A1

That line is lower than the mc, bleeding the air out will not be a problem.

It is only because of the rise over the transmission tunnel with a good vacuum or pressure bleed it will not be a problem

Finished the left front brake line and started on the rearbrake line. Fuel lines are next.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_8105_zpsnfij9avb.jpg

IMG_8120_zpsyp8xlsyf.jpg

IMG_8125_zpsmhlbgjvi.jpg

IMG_8116_zpsileb6ulz.jpg

IMG_8108_zpsdsostymi.jpg

IMG_8112_zpst4ddtqt4.jpg

Hawk,
Thank you!
Pat

I think you are absolutely correct. I really didn't consider the heat that a caliper can be subjected to, and of course the brake fluid is designed to handle that. I agree that it can't affect it by more than a degree or two. Perhaps my brain was more thinking fuel, and not brake fluid!

As always, your work is so clean and neat - absolutely top notch!

Hawk

What make/model is that scissor lift of yours ??

I've always felt really good about how picky I am about my tube bending but you make me sick!!!! It's like art looking at yours haha, keep up the awesome work!

It’s not a ported head intake runner, but it will have fuelrunning through it. What do you think it is?

IMG_8221_zpssrkl017j.jpg

Answer will be in thenext post
Thanks
Pat

I needed to make a large fuel pass-through in the transcross member as there will be two ½”fuel lines. I used part of the rear frame rail I cut off last winter to makethe reinforcement for the hole I put in the cross member. Now I can bend full lengthfuel line to fit.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_8143_zps4ziwmwg7.jpg

IMG_8148_zpsobhhxde5.jpg

IMG_8156_zps2oran6yu.jpg

IMG_8158_zpsaqatwret.jpg

IMG_8166_zpsee2a8vvp.jpg

IMG_8167_zpsccmrkxdr.jpg

IMG_8170_zpsjskzqvex.jpg

IMG_8183_zpstdssinfo.jpg

IMG_8203_zpsgl0zu4se.jpg

IMG_8213_zpsi2xvbezu.jpg

I installed the fuel tank so I could mark the trunk accessfor the fuel pump and sending unit. The tank has a EFI pump inside and addingthe trunk access will make it easy check or remove without dropping the tank.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_8230_zps6yujadme.jpg

IMG_8231_zpspax3lgm1.jpg

IMG_8235_zpsjasyhxiv.jpg

IMG_8245_zps77nnrkee.jpg

IMG_8262_zpsjvkwomxf.jpg

IMG_8265_zpsoatmoh56.jpg

IMG_8286_zpsh4xpt9as.jpg

IMG_8297_zpsdscsddj1.jpg

IMG_8282_zps6oo1h0ic.jpg

It is to bad the manufactures are not bright enough to do that as well
You are looking at repair and maintenance that will need to be done looking good

Auto Transport Service
Back