• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

modern max wedge powerhouse

who did the TF270s come from and how long did you wait? I'm being told none available anywhere...
i got them from B3 racing engines, they had them on the shelve, No waiting, they r the .700 lift versions with Pac springs and 10 degree titanium retainers, real nice units. i also bought there rockers from them with the shaft lifts to get proper rocker tip to stem geometry..

rockers from them with the shaft lifts to get proper rocker tip to stem geometry
I'm so glad you brought this up! I had read about that on their site and it makes so much sense. Now I have to figure out how to pass that along to my builder without sounding disrespectful. He and I get along well, if I have to, I will just let him know. Maybe he already has a way of addressing this?

recieved my TF 270's this week ! mocked it up ready to measure for pushrods. basicly the same motor as tested. almost,,446 with a CC solid roller with 1.6 T&D rockers, gives it .667 total lift less lash and 266 and 272 @.050. A&A crossram with avs2 carbs. 10.7-1..have to make up a custom pushrod checker. rocker arm geometry was set up by B3 racing engines :thumbsup: View attachment 1238487 View attachment 1238488 View attachment 1238490
Very nice Tony! Just as a clarification for those interested, those aren't standard T&D rockers. They are custom made for us to our specs and are only available through B3 Racing Engines. They are the ultimate in a single shaft Mopar rocker system.

Wide band air/fuel ratio gauge for max wedge ? should 1 get a setup for 1 header or both ? which unit r u using ? in the past i had great throttle response without A/F meter but the plugs always looked wet, mostly street driven,,,thanks.

thanks i will check it out..seems to be that its not a complete end game tuning piece, some have suggested that still go by the plugs..espeacially with cams that have more overlap that it will be impossible to get an accurate reading at idle..idk, virgin territory for me. All other forms of virgins i have already conquered !

its not a complete end game tuning piece
It lets you know the A/F ratio in live time, and has data logging capability with an external device like a notebook or laptop.
The only thing I may have done differently is get one with a device for that, but I have a Surface Pro I can easily hook it to.
It's a great tool to tweak A/F.
Perfect for my 6bbl, and you have 2 more bbls than I do...

It lets you know the A/F ratio in live time, and has data logging capability with an external device like a notebook or laptop.
The only thing I may have done differently is get one with a device for that, but I have a Surface Pro I can easily hook it to.
It's a great tool to tweak A/F.
Perfect for my 6bbl, and you have 2 more bbls than I do...
not needing another full time gauge i was looking at this 1. just like the FAST unit.
Innovate Motorsports 38070 Innovate LM-2 Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Meters | Summit Racing

not needing another full time gauge i was looking at this 1. just like the FAST unit.
Innovate Motorsports 38070 Innovate LM-2 Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Meters | Summit Racing
That would be an EXCELLENT choice. I actually like the dual readout gauge that came with mine, and I think I have to keep it in the loop because it has one of the 2 analog outputs built in to it, but I did get 2 Dakota Digital modules to tie into those 2 outputs so I can display both banks A/F ratio on my RTX guage system LCD data screen, BUT that isn't why I'd tie it in. Whatever can display on the data screen can display on a smartphone or tablet and allow me to see A/F while I'm under the hood.
Yes, that may be a better choice for you and it seems to have more functionality.
I strongly encourage you to add that to your setup.
In case you aren't aware, I am absolutely impressed by your build.

I think they would have found more power with less octane. That combo with 13.0:1 does not need 116. I run my 12.5:1 511 at 101 octane with 36* timing without any issues. Most still seem to over octane their motors. I have even run mine with 98 lead free without issue. I run 101 just to be safe.

What heads are you running bluefish?

I am doing a 511ci for my 71-GTX with flat tops and wanted to stay factory iron.
I had a set of Eddy maxwedge Victors but sold them.
Shame really as I had an Indy cross ram too but decided it was not period doh.

Gonna use the Indy cross ram on my 62 max wedge 413 instead.
Just need to find a 62 Fury now lol...

413-Max Wedge is still the original race engine from 1962, 60 years on and still the king of the street...

On the matter of camshafts.

I like my old school .650 crane roller from the 90’s lol.
It ran good in my 452 iron headed motor with 13 to 1 comp.
Will be using that in my 511ci for street strip work.

Not sure if pump gas will work for me, but gas prices here are eye watering in the UK!

almost ready to start ! replumbed the spark plug wires today with accell ceramic pieces. will spin it over before starting to check cylinder pressure as to whether i need to run race gas,,compression calculates out to 10.5 using round numbers..dynamic calculates at 8.49..bought a 5 gallon can of VP to mix in just in case...28.00 a gallon !:wtf: i hope i dont need it...motor specs r close to the original unit.
IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0877.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG

Supercool!

Nothing says 60's 'POWERHOUSE' more than a 'PERIOD' max-wedge intake lol...:thumbsup::usflag::luvplace:

I'm gonna be using this Indy style intake on my 62-413ci maxie...

Indy max wedge.jpg

This one on my 512 maxie 426 indy maxie.jpg

Last edited:
almost ready to start ! replumbed the spark plug wires today with accell ceramic pieces. will spin it over before starting to check cylinder pressure as to whether i need to run race gas,,compression calculates out to 10.5 using round numbers..dynamic calculates at 8.49..bought a 5 gallon can of VP to mix in just in case...28.00 a gallon !:wtf: i hope i dont need it...motor specs r close to the original unit.View attachment 1264569 View attachment 1264570 View attachment 1264571
Thats legit car ****.

Supercool!
Nothing says 60's 'POWERHOUSE' more than a 'PERIOD' max-wedge intake lol...:thumbsup::usflag::luvplace:
I'm gonna be using this Indy style intake on my 62-413ci maxie...
View attachment 1264661
@polyjohn is this the Indy 440-25 intake?
I'm building a BMP aluminum RB 572, and I am going to use a Max Wedge port size Indy ModMan with a 6bbl top but I'm intrigued by the 440-25, and I'd consider a 6bbl top being made for it.
Indy max wedge.jpg

motors up and running ! sounds great,,,.675 lift and 272 - 276 @.050 CC roller. compression test came in at 155, so i should Not have to use race gas running around at the car shows. tuning to continue next week, AFR gauges/sensors will be installed before firing it up again,,looking forward to trying out my Electric power steering !

recieved my TF 270's this week ! mocked it up ready to measure for pushrods. basicly the same motor as tested. almost,,446 with a CC solid roller with 1.6 T&D rockers, gives it .667 total lift less lash and 266 and 272 @.050. A&A crossram with avs2 carbs. 10.7-1..have to make up a custom pushrod checker. rocker arm geometry was set up by B3 racing engines :thumbsup: View attachment 1238487 View attachment 1238488 View attachment 1238490
What was your piston deck height?

Auto Transport Service
Back