• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

montana 62

ok ... got the bb trans for the 62... met another cool mopar guy with some nicely spoiled cars in a nice place. just wish i wasn't still sick. would loved to hang and talk with him. i have come to enjoy the hunt. alot
ya get to meet new like minded folks all over the country in a setting other than like carlisle. learn new things and see some really cool cars and shops and the time to just bench race tell story's of the olden days. the ones that got away and the ones that are still on the lift or in a shed and the why our woman put up with us .... o and the wagon... its in the shop on the lift. and no i do not know what engine is going in it. all i know is it will have dual quads.
good night long day

Ahh just read back... nice to find that trans :) i have a spare incase i switch to BB sometime.. as far as the big spring trans mount, does your bolt that goes through that spring have a rubber gromet on it or something? mine is just the bolt with like a sleeve and nothing to keep it from banging around in the crossmember...

Last edited:
IMG_20240201_065954.jpg

IMG_20240201_065942.jpg

I see I'm not the first one to use a hood or trunk lid as a table....

Man that body is in good shape, you find the missing glass for it yet?

Damn kids... If not for the rug getting wet.... She be rust free..

IMG_20240201_110819.jpg

IMG_20240201_135739.jpg

IMG_20240201_105423.jpg

IMG_20240201_105325.jpg

IMG_20240201_105351.jpg

Last edited:

pardon the bad words.... we all did stupid stuff when we were young and dumb. If ya live in the rust belt this is a cream puff. it just makes me mad to see this. ya there is rust. but other than the rug rot ya can rub it off with ya thumb. i really am glad and happy with it. It is so nice to brake a nut loose and spin it off by hand. this car still has the factory brake shoes on her and drums and so forth are spotless. Did find out why she became a engine donor .. the trans is junk. pulled the pan and all the clutch and alot of metal in it. this is the first time i have been under it on a lift and since i found the big spring in the car i just figured it had the old one bolt mount. was a bit nervice about going to montana and getting her but glad i did. kinda feel i should send him a bit more cash. she will be at carlisle mite not be doing burn outs... but she will be there...lol and again. thanks to all of yall that helped make this savable long roof happen. il post a need list in the iso part.... have a nice day

Last edited:
I grew up near Pittsburgh. I cringe at rust now.
When I first moved to Nevada I brought my 67 Dart that I thought wasn't too rusty till I saw the desert cars.
30+ years ago I wanted to buy every Mopar I saw .
I am enjoying watching your build.

Pretty sure I have a rear trans cross member off of wife's 64 will look tomorrow when I get home

Pretty sure I have a rear trans cross member off of wife's 64 will look tomorrow when I get home
thanks buddy .... if ya don't its ok ... i was just bustin ya chops .... i really do thank you for selling her to me. i got all the glass in her but the quarter glass and thats going tomarow morning first off. and the original window seals... were in the back. little hard but would have still worked perfict..lol

Last edited:
off we go on day 3 of the 1 day mad thrash.....

on the ground as a roller with power disc... 100% rebuilt front end. . braded steel hoses. shocks. tires and glass.... ladys and gents ... meet Jugs. i was sitting there looking at her on the ground and it looked like a meat wagon to me. and the first thing i thunk of was mother jugs and speed. old 70's movie. so thats her name.... lol. and by the way. you do not get the locking strip with your 480 buck window seals .... we will be calling them monday. god im tired. total break and suspension rebuild in 3 1/2 days ..... thank god she came apart so nice. Ya have to pull all the trim inside the car to do the quarter glass. and that sucks when ya fat and ya can't open the gate.
yall west of the ol miss don't know how good yall got it.... nap time..... P. p. P.
download (10).jpg
download (11).jpg

download (12).jpg
download (9).jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, glad to see that glass put into service. And yes it is a major pain.

jim

Auto Transport Service
Back