• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Action gone again?

I'm all inclusive.

Seems like you have me confused with another Hugh.....
1704744028244.png

Hot Rod is switching to a quarterly edition. I'm old school and not happy. I have subscribed to HR since 1965.
Mike

Hot Rod is switching to a quarterly edition. I'm old school and not happy. I have subscribed to HR since 1965.
Mike

Ya, HR is like an old friend (subscriber since 1975). It's how I started learning stuff since nobody in my circle was into old cars.

But alas, Mopar Action screwed me on a brand new 2-yr subscription the first time they folded, Ol Skool Rods and Kustom Kar Kulture Deluxe just announced that they have folded up, and I have not renewed HR seeing the writing on the wall. End of an era :(

I have traveled all over this country with truck and camper with nothing more than a road atlas. Made it where I was going every time. I think there is still an Atlas in the seat back of my truck right now.
Exactly how I travel, when driving my dually and trailer. I drove truck for a lumber company for 5 years, covering Mi. lower peninsula and part of Ontario Canada, with a bag full of commercial spiral-bound maps. Easy, and never got "lost".

When Mopar Muscle went away, I wasn't happy but we still had Mopar Action to read. MM was a decent magazine but it did focus too much on AMD installation centers and Graveyard cars features. I like to see some feature cars but what I really liked seeing was tech topics and projects. Mopar Action was king for that. The skills and humor of Ehrenberg was great and I've learned much from his work.
The threads I've started on this forum and others are patterned a bit after Ehrenberg. He included lots of pictures with captions to tell the story. I do that too. In another life, I would have enjoyed being a writer for a magazine. I’ve also wanted to be a stunt man. That didn’t pan out either.
For the most part, I don't like change. I find what I like and I want it to stay forever. Seeing cars and trucks change style, electric vehicles gain popularity, women with asses so huge they need two seats, magazines fading away, $15 for a hamburger, the loss of CD players in new cars, shift knobs for the auto
transmissions and automated customer service .....it all just sucks.

Last edited:
I have 1000's of magazines stored out in plastic storage totes out in the garage containing the last 40 years of collecting of all the big car brand named magazines. I guess they will make for good fires someday since they aren't going to be worth anything when I am gone.
Before you light that match, please let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back