• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Action gone again?

I asked RE what was going to happen with the tech articles since MA went tits up, and he said the website where the tech articles reside is his, not MA's so he would probably keep it up.

I understand the business decision that was made, but what about Athalon stiffing those of us who had paid subscriptions outstanding?

AFAIK I had a couple of issues left in my subscription.
That said, I took advantage of their buy one get one gift for a friend offer last fall and the check for that was never cashed, nor returned. At the very least, an email stating that the check was destroyed would have made me happy.

Unless the company went bankrupt I don’t understand why they aren’t obligated to refund all the subscribers of all the titles they published refunds for the part of their subscription unfilled.
If you paid a contractor a portion of the cost of a project, they did some of it, then told you they decided to not do that kind of work anymore, and didn’t refund your deposit, would that be legal? Under any condition can a company take money for a product, then not owe refunds if they later wont provide it?

I don't know about them going out of print, but i received my February 2024 issue, not that long ago.
Cool pic, my older brother was a crew chief on an RF4C Phantom out of the U.K. in the 70's. From pics I've seen it had an identical paint scheme as that one.

Took this April 8th. Jeff. City, MO.

20240408_133730.jpg

Is Mopar Collectors Guide still around ? Stopped subscribing wasn't that informative, had a column by Frank Badalson about correct parts for different years. He told a friend where the engine for his 71 Hemi Cuda was. Edit: Do they still have a buy/sell section on cheap paper?? The column by Frank Badalson not in magazine was a major reason I quit buying it.

Last edited:
I let my subscription to MCG expire a year or 2 ago. I don't know if I just hadn't noticed before or if it has gotten worse, but the writing style just doesn't appeal to me. Too many exclamation marks is one example. Mopar Action had a humorous flair in the writing.

I let my subscription to MCG expire a year or 2 ago. I don't know if I just hadn't noticed before or if it has gotten worse, but the writing style just doesn't appeal to me. Too many exclamation marks is one example. Mopar Action had a humorous flair in the writing.
And great tech, huge variety, lots of color, and Rick!
Mike

The paper quality of MCG has improved significantly. The writing quality not so much. I still look forward to it for the different Mopars out there.
The Frank Badalson features were short lived unfortunately though he was and probably still is responsive to email inquiries. At least he was to me several years ago. I felt he was approachable and down to earth with his knowledge.

Auto Transport Service
Back