• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More people moved to Vermont than any other state in 2023....

One of the few places to get great maple syrup?

took a upstate new york up thru to bar harbour maine trip and went thru vermont, on a driving/exploring vacation about 10 years ago some very beautiful counrty. Vermont definately had the maple syrup buisness down lots of setups throughout that had drains running out of the trees to a common collection point, piping of some kind, been a while can't recall what kind. american ingenuity.

I'm not sure where they got those numbers from. Arizona isn't even on their top 10 list even though we had over 282,000 people move here in 2022. 74,000 from California alone. Believe me you Vermonters you do NOT want that kind of growth. It will ruin your beautiful state just like it has here.

You can find just a bout anything you want on the internet. When I Google it the study was from a moving company. There are other ways to move and I find it hard to believe that Vermont outdid Florida,Texas and the Carolinas to name a few.

took a upstate new york up thru to bar harbour maine trip and went thru vermont, on a driving/exploring vacation about 10 years ago some very beautiful counrty. Vermont definately had the maple syrup buisness down lots of setups throughout that had drains running out of the trees to a common collection point, piping of some kind, been a while can't recall what kind. american ingenuity.
plastic tubing, food grade. Miles of it...lol, gravity feed, syrup is like water at first...

You can find just a bout anything you want on the internet. When I Google it the study was from a moving company. There are other ways to move and I find it hard to believe that Vermont outdid Florida,Texas and the Carolinas to name a few.
United Van Lines national movers study. I didn't look for, and find, it, it just popped up in my feed is all. Thought it was interesting. I'd just as soon nobody moves here...

And what pops up on my phone. Uhaul adds go figure.

Typically, people who move here, that don't do their homework first, end up moving out. There are no billboards, no signs along the road except tiny ones, no franchises, no sprawl, no instant anything. Just lots and lots of trees and fields and people who want to be left alone. High taxes, noisy cows and sheep, more dirt roads than paved and lots of hills, mountain range and "You can't get there from here" sort of crap. Few chain stores except in two or three small cities. Lots of farm machinery in the roads slowing down traffic and winter. Tourists all summer clogging up the roads. lol, but, it is beautiful.....lol. Around 630,000 souls is all. Half might be cows...

Small state, narrow and long with a mountain range running right up the middle of it. When I first moved here I was pissed and annoyed all the time at the lack of road billboard signs. How in the hell did anyone know where anything was? Well, after 12 years I now know where everything is and don't need the signs either. We have more dirt roads than paved, more villages than towns, two Auto Zone stores, like a half dozen or so McDonalds and Burger Kings, one Olive Garden that I know of, one VA hospital, the capital is in a mountain valley hidden from casual sight, the upper right section is called The North East Kingdom and feels like a different state..

Last edited:
Well I have moved from Chicago area to the beautiful free state of Arizona and I don't plan on bringing the bad politics of Illinois with me ! But I understand the feeling of people that lived here before me that the state could be ruined . The four years we have been here the growth is out of control ! Vermont is a beautiful state , the winters are not for everyone .

Well I have moved from Chicago area to the beautiful free state of Arizona and I don't plan on bringing the bad politics of Illinois with me ! But I understand the feeling of people that lived here before me that the state could be ruined . The four years we have been here the growth is out of control ! Vermont is a beautiful state , the winters are not for everyone .
Although not every winter is rough, this one for instance has had no snow so far..except for the higher elevations..

Around 630,000 souls is all. Half might be cows...
Nope, not quite. 645,000 people - 245,000 cows

1704555169315.png

I'm not sure where they got those numbers from. Arizona isn't even on their top 10 list even though we had over 282,000 people move here in 2022. 74,000 from California alone. Believe me you Vermonters you do NOT want that kind of growth. It will ruin your beautiful state just like it has here.
I totally agree. And as for #’s Idaho, TN, FL and several others would beat Vermont’s numbers with a stick. A couple of differnt FL buddies told me at one point there were 3000 people moving in a week. In this God forsaken regime we have over 40,000,000 people-now if we could somehow out migrate about 30ml I’d be really ok w/that ….

Up until 10-15 years ago, had been rather certain I wanted to move to a warmer climate. A few friends moved to TX, AZ, and FL. When we moved our daughter to Miami (during the summer) the weather there didn’t seem so nice, unless liking high humidity and hot. My bud that lives in AZ says doing much outdoors in the summer is better early mornings, not much beyond. They come back here for around 6-weeks in the summer visiting family & friends…to get a break from the heat.

Granted winters there are great, visiting our kid in FL and friends in AZ Feb-Mar was nice. Having done a lot of biz travel to the south and west, got to thinking there are trade-offs either way. Being retired, the early morning plowing, shoveling, and crap roads during rush-hour to get to work is behind spending a lot winter in my heated garage. Do all the in-door stuff then that piles up to spend more time outside in the summer. As such, no more plans to be moving to the states everyone is moving to.

It's strange given that WI isn’t a move-to state, the development here has been nuts! Endless new subdivisions, apartments, condo’s, existing homes snatched up fast, often selling higher than the asking prices. We say where is everyone coming from when the population figures doesn’t seem to answer the question?

Auto Transport Service
Back