• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD ignition swap

old guys rule

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know if an MSD ignition box 6al could be used as a direct swap for an MSD 6t?

No problem. I have never used a 6T myself, had a couple 6A's, and that was in the basic MSD instructions.

Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 12.05.28 PM.png

IMO.....the best replacement for the MSD ignition is: the original Prestolite dual point distributor, as OEM.on the Mopar hp engines. Just recurve it for the advance rate for your application. WHY do you think you need the MSD or similar systems.......??....
BOB RENTON

IMO.....the best replacement for the MSD ignition is: the original Prestolite dual point distributor, as OEM.on the Mopar hp engines. Just recurve it for the advance rate for your application. WHY do you think you need the MSD or similar systems.......??....
BOB RENTON
I have a 6t on it now. Just wanted to have a backup. I'll probably just go with a regular Mopar electronic ignition for a backup. Don't really need anything more than that anyway.

Auto Transport Service
Back