• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multi-gauge which shows ignition timing

Are you interested in the project and would you be willing to buy it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marco

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm a mechatronics engineer from the Netherlands. I'm was wondering if there would be any interest in a multi-gauge which would be able to show the basic (Oil psi&temp, coolant temp, and Volts) values but which could also be able to show you your current ignition timing.
I'm planning to kickstart the project this month if there is enough interest.

Best regards,
Marco

I would buy it! I know a number is just a number and the motor wants what it wants, but it would be good for referencing where you've been, seeing if things change, etc. I wonder if it would also be worth it to incorporate a knock sensor red light that turns on if it senses detonation (kind of light a shift light) and then you could correlate that to the timing. Would be easier to get real driving data also as many times the motor behaves differently under load at various RPM's and then we could correlate with wide band A/F ratio data. Sign me up along with a fuel gauge that actually works and lasts!

Auto Transport Service
Back