• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1967 Belvedere Convertible Plans and Restoration (aka - Mad Scientist Build)

Sent to me by another member - VERY COOL Belvedere T-shirts

Had a member send me a PM and sow me these T-shirts that he found - these are REALLY cool . . .

The Belvedere version . . .

belvederetshirt.jpg

And they have a convertible version too . . .

belvedereconvtshirt.jpg

He sent me a link on the "E" place, but I also found that they're available on Amazon too -

Might need to pick me up a couple of these ! !

Had a member send me a PM and sow me these T-shirts that he found - these are REALLY cool . . .

The Belvedere version . . .

View attachment 233453

And they have a convertible version too . . .

View attachment 233452

He sent me a link on the "E" place, but I also found that they're available on Amazon too -

Might need to pick me up a couple of these ! !

COOL, ill need to get one, i don't care if its a different car or not!, Any Mopar on me will work man! :)
Hey Khan, i normally don't even pay attention to stuff but i see now your a member of the Police!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill be danged, all the good times and fun is over, for the sake of not really caring lol, congrats to ya!!!! :)

COOL, ill need to get one, i don't care if its a different car or not!, Any Mopar on me will work man! :)
Hey Khan, i normally don't even pay attention to stuff but i see now your a member of the Police!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill be danged, all the good times and fun is over, for the sake of not really caring lol, congrats to ya!!!! :)

Hey Ron . . . then you'll need to get this one instead . . .

1969roadrunner.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=1969+road+runner+Classic+Car+Tshirt+NEW+FREE+SHIPPING&_sacat=0

And the "fun" aint over . . . I haven't changed, just go help others on the site follow the rules . . . move posts to the proper forum . . .

i have been working for thirteen days straight got to catch up on your build. all i can say is HOLY CRAP larry theres nothing you wont tackle when it comes to the 67. this is awesome!!!!!!

View attachment 233813

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=1969+road+runner+Classic+Car+Tshirt+NEW+FREE+SHIPPING&_sacat=0

And the "fun" aint over . . . I haven't changed, just go help others on the site follow the rules . . . move posts to the proper forum . . .

I LOVE THAT SHIRT! I'm not a fan of the colorful car shirts they sell with big writing on them but that's perfect, do they make a Charger one? You need to show that to Joey because that's what the FBBO shirt needs to look like if we ever get one.

View attachment 233813

DAMMIT I want that one!!

- - - Updated - - -

I LOVE THAT SHIRT! I'm not a fan of the colorful car shirts they sell with big writing on them but that's perfect, do they make a Charger one? You need to show that to Joey because that's what the FBBO shirt needs to look like if we ever get one.

There ya go fella!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-1969-1970-Dodge-Charger-Muscle-Car-Tshirt-NEW-FREE-SHIPPING-/221280478346

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of color options too!

Nah 747 Mopar . . . now why would they go do that ? ? ( smile )

69chargertshirt.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=1969+road+runner+Classic+Car+Tshirt+NEW+FREE+SHIPPING&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X1969+charger+Classic+Car+Tshirt+NEW+FREE+SHIPPING&_nkw=1969+charger+Classic+Car+Tshirt+NEW+FREE+SHIPPING&_sacat=0

Well OF COURSE they do . . . how do you like it ? ?

Got the epozy primer down . . . welding in the seat frame is next !

Been working on the adjustments to the sheet metal seat frame that I got from the 2014 Challenger, and got it to where I think it's the best I'm going to be able to do with the forward shifting. I did manage to get a couple more inches and got it moved back a little bit - so that helped. Then I went and welded all the holes under the seat shut with metal, got it all ground down a bit ( noone will ever see it ) . . . and today pulled the car outside to shoot the epoxy primer on that area - taking it outside prevents all the overspray from settling all over everything in the shop, just let the winds kindly blow it all away to never-never land . . .

So . . . here's the result of all my actions . . .

sm_epoxyprimerunderseat.jpg

Now to let it get dry, check out that all the time pin holes have been sealed, and then I can get the seat frame welded into place !

Had a neighbor ask if I wanted some shop tools that he was not really using anymore, if I was interested . . .

Tool 1 - 4' TennSmith metal break ( and stand )
Tool 2 - 2' TennSmith metal roller
Tool 3 - Craftsman tabletop Disc Belt Sander
Tool 4 - Another tabletop Disc Belt Sander

View attachment 232138

Already have several uses for the metal break with the fab work I'm doing on my trunk and rear Challenger seats ! !

Nice neighbor !

congrats man !!!

View attachment 233813

Lol, Hey bud, i know there is a lot more fun to come! AND thank you, I do think i would like one of those, maybe two! ill be checking as my wife likes this stuff to, oh, she said thanks Captain, whatever that means Mr. Khan ;)

Yet another project ? ? ? . . . gotta try and keep out of trouble . . .

With the possibility of the concrete getting poured on the other half of the carport soon, that means that I've got some "spare time" to pick up yet another project that has been sitting around the house for a bit. My Aunt and Uncle - actually my Aunt's dad have a metal building that they built a house inside and had it as a rental . . . well they were going to tear it down and haul it off, so they asked if I wanted it - so I picked it up . . .

This is what a building looks like in a truck . . . (that's only part of it - it took two trips to get it back due to the weight )

BuildingInATruck.jpg

And the start of the building ( don't confuse my little metal building with my neighbors really nice shop )

gardentoolsstorage02.jpg

And a closer look at the building . . . it'll be 18 X 20 and hopefully hold all my lawn and garden stuff and protect it from the weather . . .

gardentoolsstorage01.jpg

Front Suspension Delivery Update

Called and confirmed that the front suspension will be delivered tomorrow - even tried to go down to the hub location to try and pick it up myself, to get it a day earlier, but the boxes were still loaded on the trucks and were not available for pickup . . . ARGH. . . so I'll have to wait another day and get them tomorrow . . .

Looking forward to getting my new front suspension . . . YAY

Last edited:
Real nice buddy, i would love to put up another building for the same things, My son in law started a shed i wasn't to worry about at all and now i have everything either covered or under a porch roof lol, AND my 73 sitting in the weather which was supposed to be under the awning going on the shed, oh well, the rust buckets in where its dry :)

The new front suspension has arrived . . . and is it sweet ! ! !

Finally got all the boxes from FedEx today and the truck was loaded down . . .

sm_manumforce01.jpg

And the front suspension decision went with . . .

MAGNUM FORCE - TRANSFORMER

Look at the great looking K-member from Magnum Force - it's unbelievable . . .

sm_manumforce02.jpg

Working with Clint at Magnum Force was great - he's so easy to talk to and he really wants to help with your cars ! I called him up right after I opened up the parts and told him I was a bit disappointed, because he had told me the parts look nice, and I told him that they didn't look "nice" at all . . . they looked "Frigg'n AWESOME" ! ! !

I think that started his day off on the right foot ! ! !

More pictures later . . . still got more to unpack and show off . . .

Oh, and the most important part . . . from order to my door in under 30 days
( couple parts back ordered scheduled to be shipped next week already )

YEHHHHH BUDDDEEE! You aren't the only person I know that's a fan of this Magnum Force stuff!! I just saw some of the pieces going together into another members Savoy at my mechanic's shop and I thought it looked a lot better than the alternatives too!! GOOD CHOICE!! Now gimme more Suspension ****!!

Agreed, I like the looks of that much better than he others and If I ever ditch the factory setup that will likely be my choice. Now come on and get those boxes opened up and get some more **** loaded up!

More Magnum Force Transformer - car parts **** ! ! Whooohooo ! !

Sorry for the delay guys, I've been going through all the stuff that I received ( and drooling all over it ) to see what it all looks like . . . and the parts are absolutely incredible, everything was wrapped in miles of paper to protect them during shipping, and they did a great job.

The shipment came with a checklist that explicitly showed me that I've got (2) missing parts on back order
1 - the shocks and coil over springs
2 - the engine mount poly lock isolators

Both of these parts should be coming my way next week according to Clint - some parts are in, but they'll ship them all in one shipment.

Now for some pictures of this outstanding unit and it's parts . . .

The sway bar ( 1 1/4" ) and the rack-and-pinion . . .

sm_magnumforce03.jpg

The Rack, steering column connector, hoses, and fittings . . .

sm_magnumforce04.jpg

The forward strut kit . . . I'm going to love this ( so is 747 Mopar )

sm_magnumforce05.jpg

The spindles ( powder coated black ), upper control arm, and lover control arm ( powder coated charcoal grey ) ( they look great ) . . .

sm_magnumforce06.jpg

Another view of the lower control arm . . . WOW . . .

sm_magnumforce07.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ya know if you had a dodge you could have got all of that building in one trip :tongueflap:

GOOD ONE KB67 . . . LMAO . . . Sorry, this is all I've got

( it's a 98, got it used with 12,000 in 99, and it's got 290,000 miles on it and still going )

So . . . I had to make two trips . . . ( sigh )

Auto Transport Service
Back