There is an annoying "parking lot ding" on the rear passenger door, too big to ignore. The six bolts on the bottom half of the B pillar there, unscrewed really easily and I was able to get the door off by myself no problem.
Then I got to work with the hammer and dolly. I've been watching a million videos and reading and listening and I applied all of what I learned to bring the dent out of the door, and I was incredibly pleased with myself. Whether I can do it again on the five million other dents on the car, remains to be seen.
The trim holes need to be welded up and filler applied - right on that body line damn it.
The graphics shop has had a nice steady stream of potential jobs the last few days, I've been able to bid some things and push for a few jobs to blossom - which they have! So I am very thankful for that. Artworks, renderings and pricing takes up a ton of time, so it's not always right for me to piss around with the car.
I have to jump on it when there's a moment, so today, it was bugging me so much seeing it in the shop all slouched to one side like a slovenly teenager, I had to get the car sitting straight. Under the front control arms theres an adjuster bolt on each side that raises and lowers the suspension (it's a torsion beam just like my old flame the Volkswagen), and lo-and-behold it was as simple as that! Now she's not slouching and I bumped her front end up a little!!
She will, however, now that I've cranked on that adjuster bolt, need an alignment. But that's ok, it's 3/4 mile to the nearest alignment shop and as a bonus he specializes in old cars! Result!!
I stayed at the shop after hours this evening, to finish off that rear tail light wiring loom. I bought two bulb holders and a load of bulbs, but all the parts stores in my area were out of more of them, so I have to wait for four more bulb holders (arriving tomorrow).
These are the current ones...
And these are the two new ones I soldered in...
They turn 90 into the back of the lenses and fit perfectly.
I used 3M Electrical insulation tape and bound the entire loom, which now looks brand new (Weirdly, 95% of this little tail light loom sits unprotected between the bumper and the trunk lip, so the probability of it being wet/hot/filthy/all of the above, is high. I figured I would wrap the loom in new and good electrical tape to give it another good run at life).
So as it stands tonight, the door is back on, loom back in (albeit temporarily), and it's ready to be backed out of the shop tomorrow, because I have a pick-up truck coming in for a nice little decal kit - which makes me very happy.
Signing off for tonight, hope you are all healthy, safe, and in good standing with work, family and careers. Best wishes. Gary.