• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 63 2 door conversion alterd

updates

rust on the run :headbang:

1081.jpg 1082.jpg 1083.jpg 1084.jpg 1085.jpg 1086.jpg 1087.jpg 1088.jpg 1089.JPG 1090.JPG 1091.jpg 1092.jpg 1093.jpg 1094.jpg

,good cowl repair. I approve. and more chassis work finished? Ive been watching your hread for a whike now

updates

had to stop and fix the cowl to finish the roll bar that goes through the firewall . ran out of time still have some holes and finish grinding to do to the lower cowl and rebuild the upper half . this part has been taking a lot of time but it had to be done

Nice job!
Amazing how inconsistant the rust is between these cars!
In some places yours was bad, mine was good and in other places mine had holes...your car is perfect! Very odd....

yes i agree i think its the area my car was full of oak tree leaves to bad they didnt have e-coat back then . i am thinking of spraying bed liner in the cowl area any thoughts ?

yes i agree i think its the area my car was full of oak tree leaves to bad they didnt have e-coat back then . i am thinking of spraying bed liner in the cowl area any thoughts ?

Now that seems like it might be a great idea!
Never have to worry about it rusting again or leaking at a spot weld or something.
With the front panel welded on and the top left off you could spray the whole area to make it into kind of a plastic trough...
I'm actually at the point where I could do that myself too! :headbang:

I have a few questions about the window channel. When did you weld them in? what measurements did you use to make the glass fit right? what did you do about the top part where was once a seal for the rear door?

That's a whole lotta work man, persistent aren't you. You will definitely enjoy the ride knowing how much work you have put into this car. Keep the pics coming. I am too busy to work on my heap so I need my fix by looking at everyone else's projects.

You should get a metal...euh...medal!

Love this thread, jealous as hell...you have skill!

Auto Transport Service
Back