• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 64 Max -Wedge Build

here is the test panel. It looks darker in person than the picture indicates.

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
car left yesterday for body/paint. EE1 dark blue. here we come!!

Congrats! Be sure to update with pics!

Be sure to update us with pictures throughout the paint process......never too old to learn something....
Thankx

IMG_3355.jpg

a few updates. car is in for body/paint.. currently working on gaps.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3357.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

can't figure out why some of the pictures show up sideways. They are right side up in my computer, but when I download them some go in sideways. anyone know why?

Don't know...nice progress!

Might be something to do with the width ,height?
(Landscape)
If you look at your pic it is higher rather than wider.
It's called orientation....that is the way you hold the camera when taking the photo. So when it's viewed it is sideways.I'd say your computer auto adjusts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 516
IMG_3284.jpg

Had to tweak the driverside fender well header to get around the Z bar & steering column / steering box.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_3286.jpgca
can't wait to uncork these!!

IMG_3284.jpg IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3454.jpgIMG_3532.jpgIMG_3533.jpg

picked up the final piece of the aluminum front end yesterday. Car is on the rotisserie and ready for body/paint. (Which I will not be doing..) Painter says I'll have the car back by march and then I get to start assembly. Can't wait!

IMG_3454.jpg IMG_3532.jpg IMG_3533.jpg

Looking good exciting time when it is going to paint.

roll cage is silver. interior will be L1B light blue. I thought silver would go nicely.

IMG_4060.jpg

I don't know if you ever intend to race this car or not. The drivers door side bar is required. Most add the passenger as well but it is not required. Work looks excellent.
Doug

I remember that stage very well. Some door bars like Doug says, really stiffen it up. I installed my hoop and door bars when the car was on the rotisserie. When the car was all together the door bar pins still fit in. My point is that I had next to nothing for shift from on the rotisserie to all back together. Here's some door bar pics if you're adding. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Congrats on that light alloy front end. it will be a good addition to the cars character. By the way, nice going on the build up.

I will race it. but only on occasion and in some of the vintage pre 70s races, like the meltdown drags in byron. Car will likely be high 11's low 12s. I won't get flack for non door bar at those speeds. I'm building the car mid 60s accurate. So I'm trying to keep the technology and design of everything as it would have been in 64/65. I just don't want to crawl over a door bar and I couldn't put a removable door bar in given the fact that they weren't used in the 60s..(at least that I've ever seen) thanks for following along. I'll keep pics coming as the car gets more color!!

some pictures coming soon. skim coat is on most of car. Primer is close!!

Rob, Awesome job so far! did I see my old fenders on there? can't wait to see it in paint.

Auto Transport Service
Back