• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Belvedere II with 17's on it

updated pics, just nice weather and i was bored at lunch. finally got my stance where i wanted it, no rubbing issues, etc....enjoy.

Car looks great...regarding the shock mount issue, 69 Runner is right, if it hasn't happened already, it will eventually crack.

Hey guys dont want to hyjack but i am also looking for wheels and tires for a 66 satellite and have been beating my head against the wall. Uncle Don really nice setup by the way. Question: you say a 4.5" or 5" BS would be ideal over the 4.25" do you think a 5" BS would allow for a 9" rim and at that point what size tire you guy think would work?
My goal is to go as wide and tall as possible without rubbing on a 17" wheel.

just found a guy selling rev wheels on caigslist 17X9 with a 5inch bs and 17x7 for the front for only $575!!! they are american racing replica's. 5 star with polished lip.

i think a 9" wheel would fit on my car with a 4.5" BS...if i can get off at a decent time from work i would take a pic of my set up and clearance on spring....hopefully tonight.

still no pics of the rear spring clearence?

i havent forgot about ya...i have pics of clearance with tape measure, but there on my buddys camera....will get as soon as i can....

on a side note i took the car on the hot rod power tour this week and it did great, ol 318 poly motor still likes to get out and run!:rolling:

Hi Uncle,
Nice stance on your 66 Belvedere. Those Polyblock 318 sure are tough motors.
My 66 Satellite has similar paint and trim as yours. When I bought the car it came with
15 inch Supreme with tiny white walls. Right now am working on the motor set up.

You've got a pretty cool car Uncle Don. Hope ours is as nice someday. My daughter loves cruising in our Belvedere also.

SenicIowaBypassCruise096.jpg

MAN THATS AWESOME. I have a 2 year old son and a 4 year old daughter, and they both ask to go ride in "daddys car" everyday, they love this thing....so cool. i drove it all weekend with both baby seats in and the wifey along....got lots of attention, people comment everywhere we go. something about these ol mopars.......

Gotta say that I'm not one that likes the larger wheels and shorter tires either but that does look pretty good. I also have a 66 (2dr post) but it's probably going to get some old school slots or a set of the old Super Tricks. Yeah, one extreme to the other!
As for the air shock issue, I've been hearing about it for a long time but so far, I've never had a issue with them and have run them since the mid 70's. Not saying anything against the people who say they will break the mount but it's weird that I never have in all these years. True that the mount wasn't made to support the car but I just don't see how much more stress it will see when raising the car 1". It's just not going to load it that much. After all, the springs are still holding most of the weight of the back of the car. Heck, driving down rough roads and using heavy duty shocks (not air shocks) are going to stress it just as much if not more. The compression and rebound of a 50/50 heavy duty shock is enough to pull it completely out of the car but in most cases, it doesn't. If you're not comfortable with the stock mount, pull it out and install a bar across the frame rails....

Uncle Don,
is your 318 all stock? Finding a good intake for it sure is stuff. I was bidding on Ebay for a aluminum Weiland 4-barrel but got out bidded. $600 buck without a carb.Man am inching closer and closer to the hemi6.1 swap.

mine is all stock yes. i have tuned it up and put a new carb on it but thats about it. i seen a 4bbl aluminum intake at the indy swapmeet a couple weekends ago but it was $350....just not paying that, rediculous. my swap will be a 66 model 383 this coming winter.

That sounds like a great swap. If parts were more available for the poly id keep mine. Was at one time even thinking about making a stoker 318.

Yeah, prices on parts for the poly head teen have gone through the roof! My first swap was pulling the teen from my first car, a 66 Belvedere, and installing a 383.

bringing this back from the dead. thinking about these wheels again for my coronet...
they make them in black also...wich would go with my black trim down the side.
I thought about changing that black to grey in the trim and going back with this same wheel...hmmm...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 265
Auto Transport Service
Back